Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Agreed, I bought weather flow because I like the lockscreen functionality. If I need more detailed info at the moment, I have accuweather or weather channel also installed. And eizsoft and team were pretty quick in answering my question i emailed them, especially for developers, which was appreciated.

The one comment I would put forward as a possible improvement for the app is maybe have the app weather lockscreens it cycles thru be season related. But this would just be icing on the cake for a beautiful app.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    Agreed, I bought weather flow because I like the lockscreen functionality. If I need more detailed info at the moment, I have accuweather or weather channel also installed. And eizsoft and team were pretty quick in answering my question i emailed them, especially for developers, which was appreciated.

The one comment I would put forward as a possible improvement for the app is maybe have the app weather lockscreens it cycles thru be season related. But this would just be icing on the cake for a beautiful app.
    The season related wallpaper is a good idea. I too would like to see that implemented in a weather app.

Also, I absolutely love your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-P View Post
    The season related wallpaper is a good idea. I too would like to see that implemented in a weather app.

Also, I absolutely love your signature.
    I like to help out where I can.

And my signature, thank you! I borrowed it from someone on a motorcycle forum I'm on, he said it one day and it struck me as perfect, especially since I work in a call center.

Edit: added source for sig lol
    Last edited by Etyrnus; 12-15-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    geekaren likes this.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Amazing Weather HD

I think WeatherFlow's interface, live tiles integration and lockscreen are the most innovative and beautiful out of all weather apps. It's just not free that's all.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I prefer the simplicity of Weather Flow, though I also have The Weather Channel as well since WF doesn't include radar. I was also a little off-put that Amazing Weather HD is 80MB app, which seems a bit much for just wanting a forecast.

Just posted this on the L920 forum but I love Weather Flow because of the amazing lock screen feature and the live tiles look great in every size.
    wp_ss_20121221_0001.jpg wp_ss_20121221_0002.png

i bought Weather Flow and it does nothing but crash...

Quote Originally Posted by Sumit8 View Post
    i bought Weather Flow and it does nothing but crash...
    That's really strange. What phone do you have? The app hasn't crashed once on my L920

I'm a little late to this thread, but I have been VERY impressed with Weather Flow. My Weather HD live tile never worked, whereas my Weather Flow live tile provides all of the information I could need. Weather Flow does not provide radar info, so I use the Weather app from Nokia for that if I want, but IMHO, the WeatherFlow app provides the perfect Heads Up Display to get the information you want just looking at your start screen. Add to that the lock screen compatability and it is my weather app. (Plus I love that I can keep the Bing picture as my lock screen). Here's what I get from the app:
    wp_ss_20130105_0001.jpgwp_ss_20130105_0002.jpg
    Thanked by:
    flyedf 
    david90531 and flyedf like this.

Weather Flow is good for providing the lockscreen view and that's it. For actual use, the Weatherbug app is by far the best and most inituitive. On most of these weather apps, you can't even see the percent chance of rain 3 days out. That's basic functionality for a weather app. Weatherbug has everything and the UI is very well thought out. But Weather Flow is a must-have for the lockscreen alone.

-E

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Can someone recommend me good weather app with good live tiles support. As amazing weather and weather flow both are not available in my country's store. I emailed their authors but didn't get any reply.

Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185 View Post
    Can someone recommend me good weather app with good live tiles support. As amazing weather and weather flow both are not available in my country's store. I emailed their authors but didn't get any reply.
    I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it if you change your region to US in settings.. worked for me whenever I wanted some app that are only available in US for some dumb reasons.., no offence fellow Americans

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it if you change your region to US in settings.. worked for me whenever I wanted some app that are only available in US for some dumb reasons.., no offence fellow Americans
    Well the problem lies in the fact that you cannot buy paid apps by changing region
    Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185 View Post
    Well the problem lies in the fact that you cannot buy paid apps by changing region
    Have use paypal with international credit card to buy app.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Baudelaire View Post
    Have use paypal with international credit card to buy app.
    Paypal is not supported in my country either. I fail to understand why would developer not publish application for all regions.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes...old thread.

I have Amazing Weather HD and Weather Flow both on my phone now. I tired Weather Flow before and didn't find it to be everything I wanted, but with the sale, I figured, why not?

I do have a few questions/comments about Weather Flow.

Does the Wide Live Tile not flip? - I actually don't mind that it is static.
    I don't see anywhere to get more detailed weather information...is it just not there? For example, a written description of the weather or a radar?
    I think what I am missing the most is the chance of rain percentage on the five day forcast.
    Also...hopefully this can be fixed - When I open the app the weather does not update. I have to click refresh to get it to update. Is this accurate? Maybe I am just used to AWHD.
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 06-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Yes...old thread.

I have Amazing Weather HD and Weather Flow both on my phone now. I tired Weather Flow before and didn't find it to be everything I wanted, but with the sale, I figured, why not?

I do have a few questions/comments about Weather Flow.

Does the Wide Live Tile not flip? - I actually don't mind that it is static.
    I don't see anywhere to get more detailed weather information...is it just not there? For example, a written description of the weather or a radar?
    I think what I am missing the most is the chance of rain percentage on the five day forcast.
    Also...hopefully this can be fixed - When I open the app the weather does not update. I have to click refresh to get it to update. Is this accurate? Maybe I am just used to AWHD.
    To answer your questions about Weather Flow:
    The wide live tile is static and does not flip.
    There is no more detailed weather information. What you see is what you get.
    When you open the app, the weather should update automatically. You should not have to click refresh. Maybe try reinstalling the app.

I have both apps too, but I think I prefer AWHD since it provides a lot more weather info.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I have been comparing both live tiles over the past few days. They both use the same weather service, so the temps have been identical. The weather flow live tile doesn't seem to update correctly for me all of the time though. The temp on WF tile will show 72 and the temp on AW tile will show 70. When I open WF the temp in the app shows 70. When I exit out, the live tile still shows 72.
    WF also doesn't seem to grab my location on the live tile all of the time even though it shows it was updated.
    The thing is, I think I like the look of WF life tile better. It's just not as reliable for me.

Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts
    Being Canadian, many cities in my area were not available in Amazing Weather....and they were available on WF so I got that one. I love it.
    For me, its weather flow...
    Got everything I need and more. Besides its a lighter weight app. Working faster that amazing weather HD.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter@Firas_MD View Post
    For me, its weather flow...
    Got everything I need and more. Besides its a lighter weight app. Working faster that amazing weather HD.
    The speed of both are identical for me. I was hoping to use WF's live tile and AW for everything else, but my live tile on WF is not accurate. The temps are different on the live tile then when I open the app. It doesn't update as accurate as AW. I have them side by side to compare. Not sure why when the update time stamp is within a few minutes of each other.

I can have AM and WF setup to update the live tiles at the same time (they both use Weather Underground) and AM live tile will show one temp and WF will show a different. For example WF showed 51 and AM showed 58. I opened (clicked the tile) for each one and AM showed 58 and WF showed 58. But when I exit out and look at the live tiles, WF still shows 51.

I am actually a bit disappointed in WF's live tile updating correctly. Also with AW when I open the app, the live tile updates.

Like I said, I really want to use WF for the live tile and AM for detailed information and lockscreen.
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 06-16-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Here is an example of the live tile on WF. My time was 1:18 and the app showed it was updated at 1:17 with a temp of 73...but wait, it shows a different temp then Amazing Weather's live tile, 71. I know this can happen with the tiles not updating at the same time, I get that. But...when I open Weather Flow (the live tile just updated) the temp shows 71 not 73! Why? It just updated the live tile 1 minute ago. Weather Underground's website shows a temp of 70.6, which for these apps is 71. It has not reached 73 here all day yet...but the live tile for WF thinks it has.

liwp_ss_20130616_0003.jpgve wp_ss_20130616_0004.jpg

WeatherLive ftw

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I used to use WeatherLive until I was forced to pay again to remove the ads. Anyway, it is not going to be supported after August of this year. To all Weather Live users
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast