1.    #1  
    Hi, just looking for some help with notifications. When I click on the facebook/twitter/hotmail app and I have a notification, there's nothing to show me that I have one before I actually go onto the app if you get me, is there a way to fix it? Like there's nothing that comes up on a live tile or on my lock screen or even a message saying I have a notification, also is there a way to make say facebook/twitter/anyapp reload every 10 minutes? maybe that's the problem that they're not updating regular enough as I often click on the app maybe once every 10 minutes.

Cheers

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaShepherd View Post
    Hi, just looking for some help with notifications. When I click on the facebook/twitter/hotmail app and I have a notification, there's nothing to show me that I have one before I actually go onto the app if you get me, is there a way to fix it? Like there's nothing that comes up on a live tile or on my lock screen or even a message saying I have a notification, also is there a way to make say facebook/twitter/anyapp reload every 10 minutes? maybe that's the problem that they're not updating regular enough as I often click on the app maybe once every 10 minutes.

Cheers
    Have you gone in to the settings of the FB app and enabled push notifications?
  3.    #3  
    Yeh it's on toasts and tile count, what's the cache expiry btw? I think the problem's that it doesn't refresh enough (maybe like once every 30 mins), i'd like it to be once every 10 mins or just whenever there's any notification, is that possible?
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Do you have the battery saver off?

Also make sure that you set up the Facebook refresh to push, so that the notifications are pushed to you as they arrive.
  5.    #5  
    I have battery saver on o_O and how do I make the facebook refresh to push?

Cheers
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Then you need to turn it off, push notifications are disabled when the battery saver si on.

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    The Facebook application's push notifications don't appear to work for a lot of people (including me). Even with battery saver off I never get notifications from the app, and I have push notifications turned on with every option selected. It seems to happen to quite a few other people as well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhyper View Post
    The Facebook application's push notifications don't appear to work for a lot of people (including me). Even with battery saver off I never get notifications from the app, and I have push notifications turned on with every option selected. It seems to happen to quite a few other people as well.
    Yeah, notifications are very unreliable in WP.

I have yet to get facebook notifications and have even reset the phone and added back all accounts.
    I saw twitter notifications once, and have never been able to get them to work again either.
    (both apps have push notifications enabled.).
    I have no problem getting push notifications from my office exchange server.