Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Well, not really considering I am single and don't have a kid but still. The official one for WP8 is a joke at best. The other ones in the app store are just mobile versions wrapped in a interface. We really need an actual app. Something like the mypad app available for iOS.
  2. baseballbert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,554 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,886 Global Posts
    #2  
    Rumplestilskin like a mother......
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
  3. fulnix's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #3  
    What would this give us that we don't already have. WP8 solution and integration is head and shoulders above android and ios. I have both and their nothing special. Our FB is stable fast and it just works, period. Unless there is something I'm missing?
  4. sym1a1a's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    334 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    #4  
    I believe he's referring to the Facebook app itself not the WP integration if I read his post correctly, I've never used a Facebook app on IOS but ours is pretty bland tbh
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sym1a1a View Post
    I believe he's referring to the Facebook app itself not the WP integration if I read his post correctly, I've never used a Facebook app on IOS but ours is pretty bland tbh
    Exactly....the FB app is extremely bland.
  6. WPSteve's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #6  
    Always been happy with m.Facebook.com.

    Simple, Fast, Every Feature, Gets the job done.

    "That's a nice posssst you have there..."
  7. fulnix's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #7  
    you know there is an app and it looks metro awesome...much better than android
  8. SnailUK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    968 Posts
    #8  
    Rather than moan on here, why not moan directly to Facebook?

    If facebook customer services were getting constant mails/tweets/etc from WP users, begging for a WP version of the app, they'd start to take the platform seriously.

    https://www.facebook.com/help/127103474099499/

    then click "give us feedback"
  9. StevesBalls's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
    What would this give us that we don't already have. WP8 solution and integration is head and shoulders above android and ios. I have both and their nothing special. Our FB is stable fast and it just works, period. Unless there is something I'm missing?
    You are missing a lot, as is the Facebook implementation on WP.

    Quote Originally Posted by WPSteve View Post
    Always been happy with m.Facebook.com.

    Simple, Fast, Every Feature, Gets the job done.
    This is the best option for Facebook on WP right now, but there are many downsides to that (missing notifications, can't upload pics etc.).

    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    Rather than moan on here, why not moan directly to Facebook?

    If facebook customer services were getting constant mails/tweets/etc from WP users, begging for a WP version of the app, they'd start to take the platform seriously.
    The only thing that will make them take the platform seriously is market share, not your whining.
  10. fulnix's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #10  
    Hmmm...I can upload pics, video and everything from my 920...weird. Oh yea and that's right from the phone interface I don't have to screw around jumping into an app waiting for it to load then finding the pic in my phone then uploading it. On WP you take pic or video...swipe left to the pic you just took...click the three dots in lower right....share...facebook...done....amd yes you can even tag people. Soooo what are we missing I'm still confused if you just like the way Android looks use android. I don't want to spend hours on my phone when I can spend seconds :)
  11. TonyDedrick's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    634 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
    Hmmm...I can upload pics, video and everything from my 920...weird. Oh yea and that's right from the phone interface I don't have to screw around jumping into an app waiting for it to load then finding the pic in my phone then uploading it. On WP you take pic or video...swipe left to the pic you just took...click the three dots in lower right....share...facebook...done....amd yes you can even tag people. Soooo what are we missing I'm still confused if you just like the way Android looks use android. I don't want to spend hours on my phone when I can spend seconds :)
    I tthink its more than aesthetics. While the FB functionality with the built in functions and app might be fine for most of the sites basic functions, there is no way anyone can sit here and say the app is in any way comparable to, at the very least, Androids. I can't speak for iPhone as I haven't used the iOS app in a while. But the Android FB app blows WP out of the water in terms of access to much of Facebook's features.
  12. fulnix's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedrick View Post
    I tthink its more than aesthetics. While the FB functionality with the built in functions and app might be fine for most of the sites basic functions, there is no way anyone can sit here and say the app is in any way comparable to, at the very least, Androids. I can't speak for iPhone as I haven't used the iOS app in a while. But the Android FB app blows WP out of the water in terms of access to much of Facebook's features.
    Which ones?? I just grabbed my Moto Atrix to see and I'm not finding anything I can't do? I mean other than getting frustrated at the Android app? FB even knows its Android app isn't great, why do you think they had to force their employees to use it? They are trying to make it better and good for them for recognizing this shortfall. Anyway what feature is available on Android or IOS for that matter that I'm not seeing?
  13. JerseySal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    594 Posts
    Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    #13  
    I don't think you'd make too much selling a kid for a WP FB app, but I bet you'd make more selling the kid to make Iphones in China. :)
  14. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,581 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    #14  
    I'm obviously in the minority, because I really like the wp8 facebook app. I've heard you can't do @people in posts, but I don't do that anyway so I'm not missing it. That doesn't mean others aren't.

    What are we missing in the wp8 app that I don't know about?
  15. OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,204 Global Posts
    #15  
    I would say the FB app experience on every OS isn't complete, I would put a big chunk of this on FB because they keep changing their API's. My use has become use the app/factory integration for the features you need (uploading pics, syncing contact info as applicable), then use the browser for actually looking at FB. Every time they tweak a feature something breaks in the mobile app. I don't know one person on any platform that is completely happy with the mobile app solution for their device.

    My honest thought is that they do this on purpose so you can't solely rely on an app (conspiracy theory I know) forcing you back to the web site. It has gotten to the point I usually load the full site on my tablet.
  16. #16  
    Same! the FB app is a joke, can't upload multiple pictures, the times of when things were updated are wrong, it's poor at keeping up-to date and well it's just a VERY poor excuse of an app.
  17. MacDaMachine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    287 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaShepherd View Post
    Same! the FB app is a joke, can't upload multiple pictures, the times of when things were updated are wrong, it's poor at keeping up-to date and well it's just a VERY poor excuse of an app.
    Click photo app, click album where the multiple pics are, click the button on the bottom in middle of screen. Select pics you want to upload, press share, press Facebook.

    You just uploaded multiple pics.
    Thanked by:
  18. Nophix's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #18  
    You think ours is bad, use the one for Android! Talk about a glitch fest, its nearly unusable.

    The biggest problem is the constant dropping of connection when not on WiFi, or when on WiFi that requires a secondary auth certificate. Supposedly the last update fixed it, but all 5 Android devices we have still do it.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express
    I carry a fleet!
    AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Lumia 900
    HTC 8X
    iPhone 4S

    Now featuring more Sprint!
    HTC EVO 4G LTE


    How's that for a geek pathology!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post
    Click photo app, click album where the multiple pics are, click the button on the bottom in middle of screen. Select pics you want to upload, press share, press Facebook.

    You just uploaded multiple pics.
    Thank you! thought it sucked how you couldn't multi-upload, now all that needs sorting is the rest of it ha
    Thanked by:
  20. Ultimateone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    781 Posts
    #20  
    I love the WP Facebook, and I have had a Iphone 5 and S3, way more "cooler" haha
  21. #21  
    Yeh, it has a cooler look and layout IMO it just lacks features

Similar Threads

  1. Decided NOT to return my Lumia 920 for an iPhone 5
    By mrgstiffler in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 06:12 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM
  3. My Lumia 900 went dead for an hour
    By jake69 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM
  4. Why I'm selling my Lumia 900 and buying a Focus (yes, first gen)
    By baileystein in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions