Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ebaneeezor

XBox Music needs it's own app and it needs it right now. If I'm paying $10 a month for a premium service I shouldn't have to click Music + Videos then Store THEN Music to get to catalog of music I can stream.

Or if not it's own app, there should be a way to deep link from where you want.

It is its own app, you'll notice it's the only one that works from there, while all the others have to use the hub launcher. it's just prioritized for local and bought music, because to many users that will make the most sense. I'm with Winning Guy, what you really want is the store link to properly deep link to just the music view of the store. I'm with you there. But, the rest of Xbox Music works perfectly, including all of my bought music showing up and ready to stream at a tap. Is just the poorly linked store causing extra taps.

In the time since I made this thread I've found some new ways to play with XBox Music. It involves taking the time to make my playlists within the Music app within Windows 8 on my PC. I'm coming from Spotify where I already have a lot of playlists made so I'm trying to recreate them with XBox Music on my WP8. So now when I click Music + Video, then I go to Music and then swipe to the right to get to my playlists. Not as bad as getting into the Store so I'm a little happier now. I would like to link to Playlists on my Start screen though.

Alternatively you can just tap the Store tile and then Music. I only use the Music+Video tile for history/stuff stored on the device.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I just made a script in TouchDevelop - pinned it to my homescreen and now one touch and music plays :)
    TaliZorah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brooks View Post
    ... I would like to link to Playlists on my Start screen though.
    You can. Just hold down a playlist and "pin to start" is one of the options.

Quote Originally Posted by runam0k View Post
    You can. Just hold down a playlist and "pin to start" is one of the options.
    I know you can do that. I meant a title that links to my list of playlists. If you link to a certain playlist it automatically starts playing the first song on it. I don't want that.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    I just made a script in TouchDevelop - pinned it to my homescreen and now one touch and music plays :)
    Now HERE is a solution! Well played sir!