Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

I read feeds with my notebook, office desktop, home pc (all Windows 8 Pro) AND windows phone 8. I sure want to use one common feed list and if I read or delete a message on one device, then the other devices should reflect that.

Currently, I use my Hosted Exchange Account to do this (I am using a different provider, but I think the same would be possible with office365.com). But: to update the feeds, there must be one Outlook instance running on any of my machines. If it runs, then I receive my RSS feeds on the Windows Phone 8 device just like regular mail in subfolders.

I want to get rid of the shabby "one Outlook must run" thing and I am looking for alternatives. Ideally, there was a web service that would update all my rss feeds (some additional pop3 accounts would be fine, too) and provide the consolidated folders to my phones. I am willing to pay for that. Or maybe there is a simpler solution that I am overlooking?

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Check out this new one I came across and very happy with..best of all, free and no ads. It does offline mode too and supports v7.5 and v8.

mini RSS | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I used Weave (free ad-supported version) for months, but with the latest update it removes the off-line/cache mode

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Nextgen reader has won me over as its now available through the windows store ao it runs on my Desktop, Laptop, Surface and 920.

Global Posts
    1,704 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kajax77 View Post
    I use FeedWorm many many times a day
    feedworm, +1. I like Wonder reader too.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

My vote would be for Weave

Weave. be sure to get the paid version if you hate ads. i'm saving up for it :)

Currently using Fuse. The fact that it's not dependant to Google Reader is a huge plus for me.
    JerseySal likes this.

I use dark rss reader. Not the best on UI, yet. But I love it. Addition to it, it has a windows 8 OS version, which is on my laptop. So everything is synced between my account.

Nextgen Reader is amazing.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Surprising that no one mentioned NewsSpot here. It's a great app.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    NextGen user here and like it a lot

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Was using Fuse which I do like, but downloaded Nextgen and ended up paying for the app, great Rss reader.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Weave is pretty good. Nextgen reader is also good, though I have a problem with it just not updating a lot. I notice that it will block itself from Background Tasks often. So that's annoying

I just started trying Newsspot and really like it. It is more stylized and visually pleasing then Nextgen and I like the way it's live tiles work better. I'm gonna see how reliable it's updating and stuff is for a while before buying it, but it is my favorite so far.
    Thanked by:

Nextgen reader
    Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I used to use Feed Reader but lately been hooked on NextGen Reader.
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Newsspot is my current favorite
    Developer

Both NewsSpot and Nextgen Reader are awesome google reader clients. Hard choice..
    Last edited by heijenoort; 02-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    English is not my mother tongue, so I may have some issues on grammar or spelling or some other stuff. If you notice any mistakes, feel free to correct me!

After having played around with NewsSpot for a week or so, it is my favorite right now. The live tiles work better and it's just a more beautiful looking and reliable app then NextGen.

However, I don't think you can add to or edit your RSS feeds from within the app....so that sucks.

Nextgen Reader

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Nextgen reader is pretty good. I like that I can use it on Surface and WP8... at work I have windows 7... anyone know of news reader that would work on all 3? I was using Feedly on Android which was awesome as it had a great web app.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiush View Post
    After having played around with NewsSpot for a week or so, it is my favorite right now. The live tiles work better and it's just a more beautiful looking and reliable app then NextGen.

However, I don't think you can add to or edit your RSS feeds from within the app....so that sucks.
    Thanks! Adding and edit of feeds will definitely be in the next version of NewsSpot. Stay tuned :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
    Been looking for some good RSS feed readers but haven't been having much luck.. was wondering what everyone else is using or if anyone has any suggestions? I realize "best" is subjective of course, just looking for some options.
    Nextgen, Weave, and Wonder Reader are all good choices. I have tried them all, and was basically satisfied. I finally settled on NextGen because of its simplicity. Weave and Wonder Reader try to throw tons of other feeds, etc. you when you open it up while NextGen just pulls up the feeds you want to see. For me, that is how I want the app to run. Others may differ, obviously.

So, I would recommend NextGen over others because of that reason.
    My smartphone history.
    I use. Nextgen Reader for the simplicity also.
    jwinch2 likes this.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    tldr reader is coming, any day now.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast