Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Did Endomondo start failing for anyone else with a WP8?
    It worked for 2.5 workouts for me and now can't catch a signal at all. I complained on twitter and it seems they've pulled it from the marketplace -- at least for WP8.

Somehow I wish we could put some pressure on them. All their updates for the last few months have been android/iphone. They were supposed to take over after Runkeeper abandoned WP8, but seem to have been slacking lately.

Anyone else use them?

I use Endomondo as well. I also used Runkeeper until they dropped support. Hopefully Endomondo is just updating the app for WP8 as it does not truly run in the background as it stands. Actually used the app tonight with no issues.

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Used it earlier tonight and it logged distance fine. I did notice that the map in the app wouldn't show the route I took but upon checking the website just now it shows up fine.
    GT: ChaddMaia
    the wp7.5 app is working fine on m L900. However I just tried it out on my surface and it seems to be broken. Endomondos support for WP has been poor at best.

I can't seem to find it in the store now. Possible update coming?

I see they are not very enthusiastic supporting windows phone 8. I switched to sports tracker. Mobile application work perfect. The web site is not that good and written in Flash but overall it's bearable.

It does not really work under lock screen, loses GPS signal..

Runtastic already updated to WP8, I went for that one.
    Almost a year since that Flipboard announcement...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolara View Post
    Used it earlier tonight and it logged distance fine. I did notice that the map in the app wouldn't show the route I took but upon checking the website just now it shows up fine.
    Will it ever show the route on phone as well?

My wife's endomondo app on her lumia 920 will not connect with her facebook account. When you tap on connect through facebook it just spins. Anyone else having this issue? Or how to fix it? Endomondo on my lumia 920 works without issue and I also connect through faceboook.

I have the same problem. Cant get connected with Facebook or with password.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    No issues with my 822, works like a charm. I don't use face book.

I have same issue with my HTC 8X.
    So I cannot see other function is working

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    This app needs a WP8 update.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Everyone needs to go to these links and click on the "+" button so these issues get more attention! PLEASE!

https://getsatisfaction.com/endomond...ws_phone_8_app

https://getsatisfaction.com/endomond...indows_phone_8

https://getsatisfaction.com/endomond..._with_facebook

https://getsatisfaction.com/endomond...es_pro_version

This is pretty much the only way anything is going to happen.

what does it tracks actually when working in background (with the lock screen)?

it lacks more music integration.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Cl View Post
    what does it tracks actually when working in background (with the lock screen)?

it lacks more music integration.
    I'm not sure I understand your question.

i've read that the app only tracks time when working "under" the lock screen (losing the GPS signal?).

but yesterday I tried it and realised that no. that, in addition to the time, it controls distance, route... everything.

only issue it's the poor music player integration (only play/stop?!?!)

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Yeah, it tracks time, distance, route on the map, altitude, and mile lap times, maybe even more, but the main problem with it is you can't do anything else while it is running or it will stop recording. It has to be open in order for it to work.

I haven't used music with it yet, but the poor integration is one of the complaints people have.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    It got an update today. They fixed the map and added a few features like the social feed. I don't know if it had it before but it (now) has a double wide tile. It also works in the background.
    Last edited by willied; 03-09-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Don't use Facebook, but I hope they fix it for the ones who do use it.. I am more concerned with the fact that mine can't get the date right at times... Like this evening... It said I completed my cycling on march 10th, 2013... It is clearly the 9th... It will do sometimes where I have two commutes to work with the morning commute set one day ahead and the evening commute set to the correct day... Annoying that I can't fix it on my phone or my surface app... I have to log on to do it.

I'm just happy I still have an app... Runkeeper crapped on us... So I completely left them... Granted I started using them when I was on one of my iPhones... I just prefer to use and support services that I am not limited to one device just incase I move in the future.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, I hope they add better music controls... It is not hard to do... I leave my app on and with screen not set to time out. Just an onscreen forward/back would be nice... Asking for a onscreen volume rocker or play list maybe asking too much... Will be contacting support soon enough... If they do me right, I will pay for a premium subscription.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    :( Audio coach still kills background music tasks in the latest update...

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeplant View Post
    :( Audio coach still kills background music tasks in the latest update...
    This is incredible annoying! Any way around this?

Check it out - Endomondo have stopped developing the app for WP8 entirely:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/endomond...remium_support

Also, there is no way around the music thing - you just have to make a playlist (and only have one playlist) in Xbox music. Which is a horrible process in itself...

I am switching to either Runtastic or Caledos. I'll try them both and see which is better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast