Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I was looking on the marketplace and it states Facebook for WP 4.0 was released on 27th October 2012 logged out, but if i log in, as i have a lumia 900 it then states 2.7 is the latest version. Is this update now only for WP8 customers as this has annoyed me as im having so many problems with the current version. When are WP7 customers going to get this update?

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Wmpoweruser says it's for WP8 only. You won't see the update unless you have an WP8 device.

Such a shame since the current FB app is ****.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    So WP7 users are stuck on 2.7 which is buggy, featureless and slow? After all they have done to us WP7 customers this is another blow. Never WP again.

Strange thing is though, in the marketplace it says 4.0.0.0 is for "Windows Phone 7 and above" as stated here when not logged in.

Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Not happy at all...

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    I'm sure the FB app will get updated. They say devs can make apps for both WP7 and WP8 devices. It'll be a **** move if they don't set the tone.

Hey guys,

Great to see a new version of Facebook for WP! Too bad we can't install it :(

I have noticed something though.. the last two days, my Facebook app's notifications have started working again, and there is about 1 minute delay (compared to the usual 5 minute delay).

Dunno how or what happened, but something seems to be happening?

Thanks,
    Dean

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    same here, noticed that too... seems to be a bit quicker to get notifications now even with no update, much be something that changed on their server. Also getting the time notification update when it says like "2" or "8" on the fv logo.

Just hoping for v4.0 to be released to everyone...
    Deano019S likes this.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall the app. I NEVER get notifications.

I'm getting notifications again! I guess something good did come out of the update.
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 11-01-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Deano019S likes this.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yep updates are coming in instantly it seems
    Deano019S likes this.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall the app. I NEVER get notifications.

I'm getting notifications again! I guess something good did come out of the update.
    it was something server side as its still v2.7.0.0 for WP7. v4.0 is only for WP8 (for the moment as far as i know...)
    1jaxstate1 and Deano019S like this.
    Are you guys getting updates even for inbox instantly when pinned to start?

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Are you guys getting updates even for inbox instantly when pinned to start?
    I don't know.. I disabled notifications for messages a while ago because whenever I would have a chat on my other device (android tablet), an endless spam of notifications for each message I received would come through...

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hi,

I've had my HTC 8X since Nov 2nd and I love it. The only complaint I have is the Facebook app is shockingly bad. Even on WP8. It doesn't update properly, the notifications are sporadic. Generally its crap.

Luckily the phone is so well integrated with social networks that I rarely have to use it.
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!
    Thanked by:
    Ivan006 and 1jaxstate1 like this.

I think that I have not get any push notifications with facebook 4.0 app. Also usually when app is opened it don't even show new messages automatically --> you need to go messages to check if there are new messages.
    -Scienide- likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantti View Post
    I think that I have not get any push notifications with facebook 4.0 app. Also usually when app is opened it don't even show new messages automatically --> you need to go messages to check if there are new messages.
    This is true. Same problems here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ! I do not know whether you observed this... The FB website on my laptop at times also do not update properly. I mean when I login to the website, the homepage that pops up sometimes displays posts that are several days old. So what you guys encounter on the FB app may not be due to WP or MS servers. Remember FB got over 1 Billion members, that's alot of load on the FB servers to handle.
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    The FB app has been crappy since day one. This is a MS problem, that they need to fix

Quote Originally Posted by Lantti View Post
    I logged on this morning to see if anyone else was having problems with the 4.0 FB app - I see I'm not alone. Same things for me, no notifications, have to refresh when I go in because it isn't doing it on it's own. And I can no longer access my groups! That was a problem in one of the earlier versions that got fixed, now it's not working with the update? WTF :mad:

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    Hey ! I do not know whether you observed this... The FB website on my laptop at times also do not update properly. I mean when I login to the website, the homepage that pops up sometimes displays posts that are several days old. So what you guys encounter on the FB app may not be due to WP or MS servers. Remember FB got over 1 Billion members, that's alot of load on the FB servers to handle.
    Its a good point and to a degree I would go along with that but I've just come from owning an iPhone and the Facebook app on there worked reasonably well. Not perfect. It missed a few notifications or needed manually refreshing now and then but generally you could get it to update and work most of the time. The WP8 version is extremely flawed in comparison. It does nothing well except the layout. Everything else is failing in some respects.

Notifications aren't just a bit iffy, they are plain broke. Usually you get the toast notification and when you press it. it takes you to a facebook comment that was there 3 hours ago and doesn't bother showing the latest comment. After refreshing it as many times as I can be bothered it still hasn't show up.

Its damn bad.

I know what you're saying though. Its not necessarily MS who is at fault but it sure is their responsibility to chase it up with FB and get it sorted.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    The official Facebook app is horrendous, I'd rather just use the People Hub.
    -Scienide- likes this.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    If I could tag people in status updates through the Me/People hub, then I would have almost no use for the Facebook app. I was hoping they would add more tagging abilities in WP8, but I don't see anything.
    -Scienide- likes this.

I get notifications but I can't get the number of notifications to clear off of the home screen pin...
    -Scienide- likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgooge14 View Post
    I get notifications but I can't get the number of notifications to clear off of the home screen pin...
    Yeah, same here. Had one on there for days. Not good is it?

Global Posts
    7,934 Global Posts
    I don't know if it has anything to do with things, but I've noticed that in the Background Tasks setting, Facebook is blocked, and I can't get it to unblock.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't know if it has anything to do with things, but I've noticed that in the Background Tasks setting, Facebook is blocked, and I can't get it to unblock.
    Thats weird because mine isnt in that list of background tasks. I wonder if its because I didnt bother with the lockscreen wallpaper.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by -Scienide- View Post
    Yeah, same here. Had one on there for days. Not good is it?
    Same. Deleted the app in the end. The people hub is good enough really.
    -Scienide- likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast