Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Let's make a group, backed by WPCentral (totally their choice/wish if they want to that is...) and let's collectively write a petition to the developers of these apps...its a win-win for all, MS, devs & us the end consumer too...

I'd start with:

Instagram and Flipboard.

I'd say, let's keep a limit if 10 max or let's even take a poll...i will turn this thread into one if need be...let's get our act together...and let's be together on this one...what say??

Sent from my RaZr on JB!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I like this but sent from your razr? Not cool.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justreason View Post
    I like this but sent from your razr? Not cool.

Hah..sorry..I'm out dining with family...could have sent it from my desktop... sorry... :(

Sent from my RaZr on JB!

Wells Fargo , JetBlue...just to name a few...

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Like I said, we could have a poll..let's collect a bunch...say 25, poll it out to 10 & then approach the devs....

Sent from my RaZr on JB!

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    If nobody else minds I would like to vote for " fooducate " I read that it was supposed to be on WP but it was cancelled. Also I would like the bank apps.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Nice....

Let's start naming one or two apps each and then I will make a vote bank for the most needed/wanted app...

Sounds good..?
    Sent from my RaZr on JB!
    radio.com

There is no current way to stream CBS radio stations.

We have iHeartRadio for Clear Channel stations, but I like some CBS stations too.

Ludia games
    Pinball arcade (I think this is coming but not sure)

Nice idea, but may i suggest an enhancement. Rather than a poll, why not set up a list of apps, each with the developer contact information (email and/or web support link).

Therefore people can start requesting the apps from the people that can actually do something about it, and if they start getting plenty of contact, they'll actually start thinking about it.
    Blackwood504 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    Nice idea, but may i suggest an enhancement. Rather than a poll, why not set up a list of apps, each with the developer contact information (email and/or web support link).

Therefore people can start requesting the apps from the people that can actually do something about it, and if they start getting plenty of contact, they'll actually start thinking about it.
    Great...I'm game...
    But I just thought if we can all, together approach the devs its will be better.
    I think what you re saying is that each member will individually request the devs...am I right??

Sent from my RaZr on JB!

I emailed the developers of mSecure. It is a great password app. I have used it on my iPhone and android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    I'd start with:

Instagram and Flipboard.
    +1

Also, please make sure to release WP B&N Nook app when the Win 8 version comes out.

Peak gold, the game was originally made to Symbian I think and it was made by some Vietnam company, I however loved it in my N9 :)

The hit Zygna apps on iPhone and Android, Draw Something, and Words W/ Friends. I mean, come on Microsoft get it together.

:excl:Sent on my HTC ARRIVE 7.5 *DESPERATE FOR 7.8*

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by articandy97 View Post
    The hit Zygna apps on iPhone and Android, Draw Something, and Words W/ Friends. I mean, come on Microsoft get it together.

:excl:Sent on my HTC ARRIVE 7.5 *DESPERATE FOR 7.8*
    "Each man for himself my friend." That's how it goes. Let's get together here and we will conquer.

https://company.zynga.com/platform-partners/form

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    We need more people supporting this..where are the people when you need them./.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Any of the most popular apps on iOS and Android. Seriously, it doesn't matter which. This will help people migrate en mass and as soon as that happens we'll get all the apps we want.
    tmtkchris likes this.

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    Any of the most popular apps on iOS and Android. Seriously, it doesn't matter which. This will help people migrate en mass and as soon as that happens we'll get all the apps we want.
    I know...but I think we need to start approaching devs on it on our own..worth a shot...

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I think a lot of people here, and people that are looking to jump onto the platform are a little worried about the lack of popular apps that iOS and Android have. I am sure if we could get something going on the main page that showcased maybe 5-10 applications/developers a week with contact information, we could definitely take matters into our own hands and email them. I know I've emailed a few devs about apps that I've wanted on WP8. Square for example has said they have no plans to develop for WP8, but I'm sure if they got enough people emailing them asking, it might raise a few eyebrows.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Honestly, we don't need the apps that are popular NOW. What we need are the apps that will be popular in the future. We need the popular devs on board with WP more than anything. Because in reality, like most other things in pop culture, the popularity does off or something better comes along. So im all for pushing devs in our direction.

vp710 likes this.

The only apps that I really want or need are my banking apps. ING Direct, Sharebuilder, Mint, Capital One. Games I can do without. Also, Passpack would be very nice for my passwords. But posting about these in a thread on WPCentral isn't going to do anything. I agree with creating a list of apps that people suggest, and then the developer contact information regarding those apps so people can contact them individually. But I have no idea how to find out what the dev contact info is.

Funny thing is, I have no idea!

I've used my N8 for 2 years now. I've never had any real urge for apps. I have JoikuSpot for wifi tethering and some Angry Birds games, that's it. Some may say its cos Symbian doesnt really have much stuff, but I simply never even cared to look. The N8 did everything I needed out of the box except the wifi tethering needed JoikuSpot.

But, if I had to ask something..

1) Steam app, mostly for the chat.
    2) TeamSpeak 3 compatible app
    A SSH client that allows port forwarding is top of my list...

Was there a thread started somewhere with a list? This is a good idea as I have email many companies and devs about different apps and would like one comprehensive list.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast