Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Laura Knotek
  • 2 Post By Matthew Tallman

Love this app on my previous iPhone. Been trying to get them to develope this app for Windows Phone but without success. :(

Here is their web site Keep your family safe and in sync | Life360

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    Love this app on my previous iPhone. Been trying to get them to develope this app for Windows Phone but without success. :(

Wow, it's on BlackBerry but not Windows Phone?!
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Wow, it's on BlackBerry but not Windows Phone?!
    Probably because lots of parents give their kids the old hand-me-down BlackBerry.
    ShreyansShah likes this.

Blackberry just went online couple weeks ago. Previously Windows Phone was on (coming soon). Now they completely removed windows phone.

is there an alternative available for WP?

Been looking for one. And was hoping someone would chime in. :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Been looking for one. And was hoping someone would chime in. :)

AT&T customers can subscribe to FamilyMap. https://familymap.wireless.att.com/f...ly/welcome.htm

Yeah, I saw that one. Its a monthly subscription.

Can we get WPCentral talk to their developer?

Hi there!

Thanks so much for your interest in a Windows phone version of our app!
    While we're aware of the need, and it will happen in the future, we are focused on perfecting our iOS and Android apps before expanding onto a new platform.

We're a very small team, and want to provide a great product to all of our users, so we'll get there in the future, but I can't give you a date at this time.
    Thanked by:

puntalo Find your stolen phone and track your children is an alternative to life360 which works on windows phone 7.5 and windows phone 8 (beside iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Symbian).

I know this was an older question, but here is some updated info regarding this topic. I have repeatedly asked for Life360 to develop an app for the Windows Phone (WP), but I get the same response that everyone else does.

Since they aren't that serious about developing for the WP, here are your alternatives:

Glympse - They have an app for WP, Android, and iOS. However, their WP app is old and doesn't have the same features that the app does for Android and iOS. It also doesn't provide live tracking. It requires the individual to send their Glympse.

Puntalo - They have a WP app. The free version only allows you to track one individual. You have to subscribe to track multiple devices. Also, I downloaded the app on my WP 7 phone and recently got a new WP 8 and tried to install it, but since I already registered previously...the app is useless and won't work unless I subscribe. How nice...

Echoecho - This one is ok, but doesn't provide live tracking without requesting it and even then only provides live tracking for a period of time. They also have an app for the iOS platform.

Wise Finder - They have an app for iOS, Android and WP. The interface is the best on the WP. But the same issue of live tracking plagues this app as well. You have to request the person you want to track to update their location manually.

gMaps - This is the best option in my opinion. The latest version on WP 8 has a great interface and will show you the Google Latitude layer with your friends, all with live tracking. It takes a bit to get it set up initially and you'll have to manage your Latitude friends on a PC first (accepting requests, etc). After that, it works great. Plus, Latitude is available on the iOS platform and is integrated into Android, of course.

Carrier Family Trackers - A couple major carriers have their own solution, such as Verizon and AT&T. But you will have to pay a monthly fee and the tracking app generally isn't a native app, but still should work on most major smartphones (all platforms).

Hope this helps, at least until Life360 decides to get it in gear and release an app for WP.
    bulls96 and Laura Knotek like this.

I had the same problem, we now use follow mee GPS tracker not as good as life 360 but works on iPhone and my Lumia 820

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-caef22035765
    Last edited by bozza72; 04-15-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    Thanked by:

Here's another option:
    Where Are They | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Last couple reviews were neg so try it first if choosing it. I have it but have not had a chance to test it out...I meant to test it a while back but forgot.

Is that for ios as well ??

Global Posts
    2,214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmgreenjr View Post
    Here's another option:

Where Are They | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Last couple reviews were neg so try it first if choosing it. I have it but have not had a chance to test it out...I meant to test it a while back but forgot.

the iPhone app store doesn't have this.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bozza72 View Post
    I had the same problem, we now use follow mee GPS tracker not as good as life 360 but works on iPhone and my Lumia 820

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-caef22035765

this seems to be working fine. The maps open on the browser though and needs a few taps to open up.

Nevertheless it works. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

So, the viewer is just a browser? Hmmmmm...

Come on, 360

So finally LIFE360 is out ... took a really long time...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,214 Global Posts
    I am glad they finally did this. It works quite well.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk