Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have observed a decrease in battery life since downloading and using the Audible app. I thought it would be similar to the music and video player in terms of power consumption, but my initial observation is that it seems to be a power hog.

I removed it as a background task yet I still notice my battery is not what is was prior to downloading and using (and it is not from increased usage, just changed use from other apps to Audible).

Has anyone else experienced this using the Audible app?

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Yep. The app is a huge battery hog.

It is the only third party app that has hard locked causing me to pull the battery in my HD7. It doesn't play nice with the music controls and it's own controls don't seem to work well. It shows it's playing when it's paused and requires extra taps to get things to work.

That being said, the one time I used it without a power source was on a recent plane trip. My phone lasted all the way from NY to Dallas with a layover and still had some juice left. I would consider that not bad.

The audible app is actually a portable space heater. It should be used only for virtually burning audio books you don't like.

For books that I like, I have gone back to using my Zune device. Instant resume playback and not worrying about phone battery - can't be beat by wp7 app. Perhaps with wp8 native code they can optimize whatever it is they are doing now. I would prefer native no-frills audio book support in the wp zune app.

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ben55124 View Post
    i would prefer native no-frills audio book support in the wp zune app.
    +1