Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm not sure what else to do. Keep beating....

PHOTOSYNTH (dammit Microsoft, have you absolutely no shame here???)
    Hulu+
    DirecTV app with streaming video
    Words with Friends (this one game is stopping many of my friends from even considering WP7)
    Draw Something
    Paypal
    American Express
    the_Max! (Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union app)
    Waze (new rumors that this one is close maybe)
    Camera+
    Photoshop Express
    Roku remote app (official)
    Logitech Revue remote app
    HBO GO
    Instagram (meh)
    Pandora (official app that won't break when Pandora feels like breaking the 3rd party apps out there)
    Hipstamatic
    ANY video editing apps (Vimeo, Silent Film Director, iMovie equiv)
    Ford Sync apps (come on microsoft. maybe not as embarrassing as PHOTOSYNTH still not being on WP7 but pretty close)
    MotionX gps apps
    Mapquest
    Nook by B&N
    Peak.ar
    Nike+GPS
    USA Today Autopilot (TripIt helper app)
    GateGuru
    missing airline apps
    Angry Birds (current versions)

Also, many of the 'major' apps already on WP7 are older less capable versions than their iOS/android equivalents and need to be updated to be at least as good. Many of them haven't even been updated for Mango - that is sad.

Come on everyone, grab a whip and join in! :excl::excl:
    Last edited by Mr_pither; 04-20-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!

Not trying to be that guy here, as I would enjoy many of the apps listed, but from what I can understand is that it really depends on the developers. Whether or not they want to develop for WP7 is up to them... and unfortunately not Microsoft.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    From the list, I would take:

Hulu+
    Words With Friends

Temple Run :)
    scottcraft and ch1mmi like this.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DZAST3R View Post
    Not trying to be that guy here, as I would enjoy many of the apps listed, but from what I can understand is that it really depends on the developers. Whether or not they want to develop for WP7 is up to them... and unfortunately not Microsoft.
    MS/Nokia supposedly have built up this war chest rumored between 10-24 MILLION dollars to get the apps people want on WP7. When will they start making it rain??? :@

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I miss
    Waze
    Viber
    Skype, best if integrated
    Gtalk, best if integrated
    Tapatalk, no, board express is not even close
    Sportstracker
    Dropbox
    TV Guide for my country
    Probably some games.
    That's why I sold my HD7. When these applications come, I will gladly give WP second chance. Very nice and fluid system. These apps and some more features will hopefully come with WP8. So november seems like a good time to give it second shot :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_pither View Post
    Words with Friends (this one game is stopping many of my friends from even considering WP7)
    Yup.
    Personally i hate it but i'm in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by martan1981 View Post
    I miss
    Sportstracker
    We've had it since December 2011.

They should at least make a windows movie maker app because it is windows. Also a Starbucks app

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    they don't have DirectTV streaming apps for the other phones either....just iPad. Someone else mentioned this to me the other day and I said BE FAIR...if it isn't on other phones (not tablets) don't ***** about it not being on Windows Phone.

The Samsung photo apps have plenty of stupid Hipstamatic like filters...I don't know how in the world companies like that got popular...they are just frickin photoshop filters.

Global Posts
    1,510 Global Posts
    Dish Network's sling app... with streaming of recording and live tv
    TomTom (I miss this sooo much from my WM days, Garmin is just not the same)
    Cut the Rope (I played this on the IE9 demo and loved it, My wife has it on her iPhone and wont let me play with it)

I'm excited for Path to come out for WP :)

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Dish Network's sling app... with streaming of recording and live tv
    TomTom (I miss this sooo much from my WM days, Garmin is just not the same)
    Cut the Rope (I played this on the IE9 demo and loved it, My wife has it on her iPhone and wont let me play with it)
    uh dude..sling has been around a while http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...4-00237de2db9e

and there are MUCH better nav apps than TomTom...starting with Navigon.

It was mentioned before, but the app issues are mostly due to the developer's lack of interest in pursuing it. It's a catch-22. It's easy to justify making 2 apps that take care of 80% of all smartphone users. To dedicate the resources to make a third that will benefit 5% of the current users, in hopes that their market share will grow, is difficult. The Developers who HAVE made apps have made a pretty significant leap of faith.

The only ones I need at the moment are:

Tapatalk - full featured. Board Express doesn't cut it
    Words with friends
    Draw something

can't think of many other important ones, there are a few smaller ones i could use but i can live without them.

One thing I'll add is that maybe no Instagram is a good thing. The fewer Instagram photos out in the wild the better.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPuppies View Post
    They should at least make a windows movie maker app because it is windows. Also a Starbucks app

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
    as far as starbucks app what is the free 3rd party app Starbucks Card missing that is on ios or android I actually like it more on wp7. I can check rewards and add my card on app. Also love that i can pin my card and live tile shows card balance and card name and i can get to card in one click.

Side note does anyone besides myself wish the pageonce app could do pinning to account directly in the same way. Like live tile with account balance for checking and click to go straight into app with account transactions to use to check quickly for banks that do not have wp7 apps yet.

Global Posts
    1,510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    uh dude..sling has been around a while http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...4-00237de2db9e

and there are MUCH better nav apps than TomTom...starting with Navigon.
    That app does not work with Dish Network's Sling adapters(and I know for sure, I spent 30 non-refundable dollars on an app that does not work, it will connect but error out), it's a known issue. Dish Network makes an app for iOS and Andriod, that is what I want for WP7.

I've tried assorted Navi systems for WP7 and I still like Tomtom the best.
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 04-20-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Square (Intuit's Go Payment is not as good and what is up with them releasing a crippled app?)
    Where's My Water
    Dropbox
    Cut the Rope
    Angry Birds Space
    Tapatalk
    Best Buy Reward Zone (another crippled app)
    Alarm.com
    Photosynth (really? Microsoft, really?)

Those are the few that come to mind.

Luis
    Ageless, still I am.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    they don't have DirectTV streaming apps for the other phones either....just iPad. Someone else mentioned this to me the other day and I said BE FAIR...if it isn't on other phones (not tablets) don't ***** about it not being on Windows Phone.

The Samsung photo apps have plenty of stupid Hipstamatic like filters...I don't know how in the world companies like that got popular...they are just frickin photoshop filters.
    directv streams to iPad for free - would seem to be a small leap to goto phones, especially ones not crippled by tiny 3.5" screens....

Dish has a FREE app for iPhone that streams content from Dish receivers with slingboxes. used it all the time with my old iPhone 3GS. my buddy with a iPhone 4S uses it with his 922 with its integrated slingbox. I never bought the pay version...

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Tapatalk
    Voxer
    Ford Sync (mainly because I drive a Ford)
    Nike+ (because I use a Fuelband)
    Epocrates/Medscape (because I'm a pharmacist)
    Zinio
    Alarm.com

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    i'm so glad that.... None of these apps listed are any of my concern. So when I do get a WP device, I wont be disappointed.

Tapatalk - I can wait to go home to talk on forums.
    GTalk - I don't even use it on my Android device, now that I'm single.
    Streaming video (Hulu, HBO Go and others) - Don't care for. Netflix is the only one I need.
    Photosynth - "World in 3D" sounds lame, going to have to look into this.
    Draw Something - Trendy iPhone/Android fad that everyone is going through, doesn't impress me.
    Words With Friends - Useless to me.
    Skype - I hope it gets integrated.
    Viber - I beta'd it on Android, wasn't all that impressed.
    Instagram - It's not a necessity, but I would like to have it. Can easily live without.
    Video Editing - Can do it on my PC, don't care about doing it on the phone.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulPhreak View Post
    i'm so glad that.... None of these apps listed are any of my concern. So when I do get a WP device, I wont be disappointed.

Tapatalk - I can wait to go home to talk on forums.
    GTalk - I don't even use it on my Android device, now that I'm single.
    Streaming video (Hulu, HBO Go and others) - Don't care for. Netflix is the only one I need.
    Photosynth - "World in 3D" sounds lame, going to have to look into this.
    Draw Something - Trendy iPhone/Android fad that everyone is going through, doesn't impress me.
    Words With Friends - Useless to me.
    Skype - I hope it gets integrated.
    Viber - I beta'd it on Android, wasn't all that impressed.
    Instagram - It's not a necessity, but I would like to have it. Can easily live without.
    Video Editing - Can do it on my PC, don't care about doing it on the phone.
    Your explanation for Tapatalk is funny. In fact, you can wait to go home to do anything. So in fact, you don't need smartphone at all :D
    Gtalk, Skype and Viber - from what you wrote, I understand you used them all, and they all suck right now. Viber is in development for a year, and still not even in beta. I think they will all be usable with WP8.
    Anyway, you should not be disappointed with WP8. It's very good system, just needs some polishing.

I second the Dish Sling Adapter app (not the SlingBox app), miss that one the most. Also would like to see Scores & Odds.
    Tapatalk is really the only app I'm still waiting for, but the only forum I really go on often is this one, and it works great on my browser on my phone so it's no biggie.

Alarm.com was mentioned a couple times. It's been out for some time now. Been using it for about six weeks or so.

I'm still hoping we see Audible in the next day or two.

OG
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast