Hi guys!

I'm just curious if there is any application that would allow monitoring your handheld internet traffic?
    I've just switched to another internet plan with my carrier. It's now unlimited. But the point is that 150 Mb per day is at 3g speed and after this amount is used speed switches to Edge. So, in order to have control over this feature, I would love to have some app that could tell me how many Mbs are used this or that day and so on.

Thanx for replying in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Odessiter View Post
    Hi guys!

I'm just curious if there is any application that would allow monitoring your handheld internet traffic?
    I've just switched to another internet plan with my carrier. It's now unlimited. But the point is that 150 Mb per day is at 3g speed and after this amount is used speed switches to Edge. So, in order to have control over this feature, I would love to have some app that could tell me how many Mbs are used this or that day and so on.

Thanx for replying in advance.
    There is no app for that. Infact there never will be.
    Developers would gladly make something as simple and usefull as that but it can't be done.
    Microsoft screwed this up badly by restricitngs apps to run in the background.

Sorry :(
    Thanked by:

Dormage,
    thanks for information.
    It's no good.
    But I'll continue having some hope that such app pops up in the Marketplace someday

Quote Originally Posted by Dormage View Post
    There is no app for that. Infact there never will be.
    Developers would gladly make something as simple and usefull as that but it can't be done.
    Microsoft screwed this up badly by restricitngs apps to run in the background.

Sorry :(
    True.

Not only it is not possible to run in the background (actually there are some limited ways to do some things in the background), but there is no way to intercept the internet traffic or get it in some way.

Hopefully Windows Phone 8 would allow more integration for third party apps.
    Other apps by Enless Soft:

Battery - nice and simple battery management app | screenshots | facebook page |
    Birthdays Diary - birthdays reminder app | demo video | screenshots | facebook page |
    Shortcuts - shortcut organizer and speed dial app | demo video | screenshots facebook page |
    LED Flashlight - simple flashlight app that uses the LED | screenshots | facebook page |