Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shamrock soft

Global Posts
    3,276 Global Posts
    Any third party media players or anything?

Hope im not wrong (actually I hope I am and FLAC is supported) but when I look at HTC Titan specs, FLAC isn't included.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    I use Zune to rip CDs and encode them as WMA Lossless. You could probably transcode to WMA Lossless if you had to.

Global Posts
    3,276 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't mind transcoding cause I have a small library. Just hoping I wouldn't have to. :)

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I REALLY don't want to transcode... That would suck. As such I'm still going to search around.

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    I know it's an imperfect answer, but you simply won't get great sound quality out of these smartphones in any case. I think anything past 320kbps MP3 with a pair of decent $50 earbuds is overkill, if you really appreciate SQ on the move you should look at brands / products dedicated to audio, such as Cowon.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    I have a Zune HD and a Cowon S9 for music, and as good as the Zune HD is, the Cowon is very noticeably better. I strongly recommend their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    Any third party media players or anything?

Hope im not wrong (actually I hope I am and FLAC is supported) but when I look at HTC Titan specs, FLAC isn't included.
    If you can read in Chinese and know how to move file into a program's IsolatedStorage, you could take a look at this link
    WP7 Flac Player
    I made a program for jailbreak phone to allow it play flac files from the IsolatedStorage in the BackgroundAudioPlayer.:P
    Last edited by cj1024; 11-07-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: lost some detail info

Now you can do it using Windows Phone Flac Player from Shamrock Soft
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Good Stuff. I'll try it. I was just starting to rip a 100 CDs to WMAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock soft View Post
    Now you can do it using Windows Phone Flac Player from Shamrock Soft
    Awesome! I'll use this.

Zune will convert WMAL to lousy WMA so it is useless. You can use mp3 or aac with the same quality. So the only option is Flac Player now.

Style Jukebox now supports FLAC and M4A (ALAC) playback on Windows Phone 7 and 8.
    Style Jukebox | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock soft View Post
    Zune will convert WMAL to lousy WMA so it is useless. You can use mp3 or aac with the same quality. So the only option is Flac Player now.
    I really wanted this Flac Player to work for me, but it doesn't. It won't even recognize the flac files I have stored on my Nokia 820.

As far as I'm concerned, there's still no player that'll play locally stored flac files on a windows phone.

Quote Originally Posted by minott View Post
    I really wanted this Flac Player to work for me, but it doesn't. It won't even recognize the flac files I have stored on my Nokia 820.

As far as I'm concerned, there's still no player that'll play locally stored flac files on a windows phone.
    MoliPlayer Pro, from iOS and Android, will be released to Windows Phone store on Nov. 8. It plays, locally, most of the video and audio formats, mkv, flv, avi, rmvb, vob, divx, xvid, flac, ape, amr, midi etc. It supports playback of videos which have been uploaded to the camera roll of the phone by USB. Want to give it a try? Please see this post for screen shots and details New all-format video & music player, anyone?