Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just got my Samsung Focus and while I'm loving WP7, I'm a bit frustrated by the Facebook app. For the first few minutes it worked fine...but then I got a notification, checked it, commented on the post, and went back to the WP7 homescreen. But, the red circle with the "1" on the tile won't disappear. I've tried logging out and in again and removing the tile and putting it back...nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Mike

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    Hi,

I just got my Samsung Focus and while I'm loving WP7, I'm a bit frustrated by the Facebook app. For the first few minutes it worked fine...but then I got a notification, checked it, commented on the post, and went back to the WP7 homescreen. But, the red circle with the "1" on the tile won't disappear. I've tried logging out and in again and removing the tile and putting it back...nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Mike
    I am having the same problem with a HTC Trophy.

Same, I uninstalled and re-installed and it went away.

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    I don't have my Focus anymore, but I remember the notification went away.. eventually. That delay seemed to be the story up til I started just using the People hub instead.

I get my Radar 4G tomorrow so we'll see if it's gotten any better...
    Current: soon to be the Lumia 1020
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT
    Current non-WP: Nexus 5, iPhone 5s

I am having the same problem with my Focus. Its at 5 notifications now... It will increment, but then it never goes down.

I uninstalled and re-installed and it went away. :)

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    I had luck by actually keeping tile and toast notifications on and just waiting it out. Removing the tile and repinning didn't ever help ad uninstalling seems rather drastic:(

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT

They also need to change the color of the notification number. Probably to the phone theme color. The red is too much like the iPhone app.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Is re-installing the app the only option to solve this issue?
    Days of Fear | Nights of Anger | Daze of Hate | Knights of Suffering

Xboxworld | Twitter | Last.fm

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    If you keep notifications on and just go about your business, it will eventually disappear...though it takes a bit of time.

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    Facebook app. Always buggy no matter what OS you use. With WP you are better off using the people hub. I don't even have the Facebook app installed.

I agree with you dannejanne. The people hub is a much better tool for staying in touch with contacs on social media. But, the Facebook app offers a lot of things the people hub does not: pages, groups, events, etc.
    Days of Fear | Nights of Anger | Daze of Hate | Knights of Suffering

Xboxworld | Twitter | Last.fm
    Yeah they need to stop worrying about adding unnecessary junk like photos at the top of the screen, and actually make it functional and reliable.

I don't use the live tile. I've pinned my Me card to start instead, and I think that gives me enough activity notifications, plus quick access when making status updates.