Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Zynga is bringing their apps to WP7? I know there are some WWF clones out there, but I am the only one I have ever met with a Windows Phone, so the cross-platform functionality of WWF is very missed.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    No word from them yet. I'm waiting for this too. Word feuds would be nice too.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

I assume they make Chess With Friends, as I would like that too.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    i never knew Zynga made WWF. lol.

that game got old very quick for me. i probably have a few games on my other devices that will probably forfeit the game for me as i have played it in so long.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    The disappointing thing is what they have on their site that says their main focus is iOS. I used the Android version and there were a few bugs that still needed to get worked out. I really liked the cross-platform ability, too, though.
    Resident Developer

Yeah, as much as I love AlphaJax, cross-platform is always better for multiplayer. In honesty though, I'd probably rather have AlphaJax go across to the other platforms :D

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I like AlphaJax, too, but it feels a bit... I dunno, constricted? I'm pretty sure it's smaller, but there aren't as much special squares to get those high scores or to maybe catch up to an opponent. I do support app competition though, so I'd get them on the other platform, too (though they'd have to make it compatible with iPod Gen 1 because I'm not buying another one :P).
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starblade876 View Post
    The disappointing thing is what they have on their site that says their main focus is iOS. I used the Android version and there were a few bugs that still needed to get worked out. I really liked the cross-platform ability, too, though.
    more the a few bugs in the android version... main reason i stopped playing it. ha.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Microsoft needs to step up and get more developers on board to produce some titles for WP7.

But as marketshare grows, the games will come.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I think we should email Zynga to demand words with friends
    GamerTag: KlutchScope
    PSN ID: KlutchScope

If I helped you, Please hit the thanks button
    Samsung Focus Rev. 1.3 w/ 7720 Mango
    And iPhone 4 White 4.3.5
    And Yes, I am 14
  11. sko

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furygoalbrtis39 View Post
    I think we should email Zynga to demand words with friends
    should we e-mail them as friends having words?

Global Posts
    2,968 Global Posts
    i've emailed them and they said they have no plans to bring it to wp7 right now.

i've been playing words by post lately, and it's cross platform with android, the UI is better and i like it more than WWF so far.
  13. sko

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thanks for that, just downloaded it! :-D

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I had emailed them when I got my Focus and they said no plans atm but that they will review it and the more intrest the more likely it is to happen... so I would say anyone who wants it should tell them...

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Words by post is now compatible with iPhones, Android and WP7 with their last update. My wife has an iPhone and she downloaded it and said that it runs really well. We already got a game going and everything is responsive and fast. I believe her phone is hardware accelerated so moving around the grid is more fluid than my Focus, which tends to studder when I zoom in and move around to place the tiles.

I think instead of requesting and begging Zynga to produce WWF, just ask your iPhone buddies to download Words by Post instead and everyone will be happy in the meantime. Isn't that the sole reason why we want WWF? To play with our friends who have iPhones? At least this company got it right and not biased towards a specific platform to make this a cross platform for everyone to enjoy so kudos to them.
    Thanked by:
    Reflexx and threed61 like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumpRoast View Post
    Words by post is now compatible with iPhones, Android and WP7 with their last update. My wife has an iPhone and she downloaded it and said that it runs really well. We already got a game going and everything is responsive and fast. I believe her phone is hardware accelerated so moving around the grid is more fluid than my Focus, which tends to studder when I zoom in and move around to place the tiles.

I think instead of requesting and begging Zynga to produce WWF, just ask your iPhone buddies to download Words by Post instead and everyone will be happy in the meantime. Isn't that the sole reason why we want WWF? To play with our friends who have iPhones? At least this company got it right and not biased towards a specific platform to make this a cross platform for everyone to enjoy so kudos to them.
    I hadn't heard of that one before RumpRoast, so i've just asked my iphone (boo hiss spit etc etc) friends to download it so I can play scrabble with them again.

Thanks for that. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

I've been playing WBP, for the last couple of days, great so far! I've sent out requests to all of my Android & iPhone users, really nice one. Also, the same guys also made Chess By Post too, really nice as well(only for WP7 & Android)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Have to agree Apoc i've been playing WBP for the last few days with jalb here and it works perfectly. Really enjoyable apart from when he wins of course. Grrrr! (That's the only bug i've found so far) ;)

It's a brilliant cross platform Scrabble clone for sure. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Whoever is user apps29, stop kicking my arse all over the place on this game!!

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Has anybody emailed them recently? And if so any response?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    GamerTag: KlutchScope
    PSN ID: KlutchScope

If I helped you, Please hit the thanks button
    Samsung Focus Rev. 1.3 w/ 7720 Mango
    And iPhone 4 White 4.3.5
    And Yes, I am 14

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Love Words By Post, but hate the icon. The live tile is way too ugly to keep on my main screen. I wish it looked like the rest of the metro icons and changed color based on your theme. It's impossible to figure out if it's your turn without the live tile unless you actually open the app or get to see the notification pop up.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Any news on words with friends? GF has Android. I currently have Android and enjoy the game. I would just ask her to download the other app but ALL my other facebook friends play Words with friends...

Still waiting also...

Global Posts
    1,502 Global Posts
    It's games and apps like these that make it difficult to be a wp7 owner. I don't care one bit if there are one or two viable alternatives to word with friends in our marketplace. Of all my friends, only one has a wp7, the rest have android and iphone, and they all play this with each other. I love wp7, and will probably never switch, but it's a drag.
    kheath3132 likes this.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    It's games and apps like these that make it difficult to be a wp7 owner. I don't care one bit if there are one or two viable alternatives to word with friends in our marketplace. Of all my friends, only one has a wp7, the rest have android and iphone, and they all play this with each other. I love wp7, and will probably never switch, but it's a drag.
    It is kind of a drag. I like Words by Post, and I do play with a few people and enjoy random games on there, but none of my, so to speak, "real life" friends are willing to play both Words With Friends *and* Words By Post, so I am left out in the cold in that regard. I blame Xynga for being shortsighted, personally.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast