04-08-2012, 01:43 AM #76
- 11 Posts
Carbon (amazing Twitter client)
Fuse (brilliant RSS reader)
...so far that's it, I'm still searching the market to see if anything appeals to me. For the rest I use native apps.
04-16-2012, 12:33 AM #77
- 165 Posts
My favorite 10 (in no order)
1. WeatherMaster ($1.99) - Best weather app imo. Worth every penny
2. Ask Ziggy (free) - Windows answer to SIRI except Ziggy works better
3. Expensify (free) - Business expense app that connects to my paypal or bank and auto enters everything
4. Wiztiles (free) - App to create shortcuts and custom tiles
5. Amazon Mobile (free) - Need I say anything for Amazon? :)
6. ArkWords (free) - my favorite translator app.
7. Fantasia Painter ($1.99) - Great photo app... tons of features. Lots of fun!
8. Nokia Drive (free) - Prefer it over any map app
9. PlayTo (beta) - DLNA app. Ex iPhone 4 users, this is like AirPlay. Most new TVs, Receivers, and Bluray players have "network" programs, including DLNA. I tested this on my Panasonic TV and Onkyo receiver. It picked up both. The beta app doesn't do music yet, but it is confirmed the final release will include music. For now, photos and video.
10. Pageonce (free) - Money and Bills app
I'm on the hunt for a good Stock app. I bought "Market Watch" but i feel it's a little slow. Good features, but the speed bugs me.
06-10-2012, 12:45 PM #79
- 3 Posts
06-13-2012, 01:41 PM #80
- 6 Posts
My Top 10 apps (excluding games)...
2. Carbon / Mehdoh (Twitter clients) - still can't decide which i prefer. Carbon looks nicer imo, but Mehdoh has full access to update profile including picture.
3. Weather View / MS Weather - I like both for different reasons and the are free.
4. MS Office - OneNote especially.
5. KIK Messenger - Destroys WhatsApp for instant messaging between WP, iOS and Android.
7. Photosynth - Great for panorama photographs.
8. Youtube App - Needs some work, but allows youtube integration.
9. Flixster / IMDb - again, I can't decide which I like better. Both great movie info and show times apps.
10. Goal.com Finals 2012 (by Nokia) Eurocup news
There are many other good apps, also ones that are already installed with new phones. You almost have to break it down by sections; news, sports, communication, etc.
-TSN (hopefully soon)
-Nokia Creative Studio
-Skype (needs to stay alive in the background)
-Rowi (nice, but I don't like having to tap twice to open.)
-Built-in integration is great!
-love the people hub!
-IE works alright, but could use a few improvements.
-ok, but soon to be replaced with Xbox Music.... excited!
-Bing maps (not bad)
-Nokia Maps (not bad)
-Nokia Drive (pretty good)
Other decent handy apps:
-Unit Converter (by Microsoft)
-World Clock (by Microsoft)
-Translator (by Microsoft)
-TestMyNet (by Microsoft Research)
-Starbux Card (Nice card integration)
-Adobe Reader (worst integration I have seen on any platform, but a must to view PDFs)
Hope this list helps others...
Cheers!Nokia Lumia 900 - Black
11-27-2012, 09:34 AM #91
- 487 Posts
12-13-2012, 10:03 AM #96
- 194 Posts
Here is my list for my 7 Pro (WP 7.5). It's actually a "most used Apps"-list and not "best Apps"-list. I really don't like the WhatsApp and Facebook apps...but "have" to use them becauso of my friends for example...
Top 10 of "most used Apps!"
2.FOCUS Online (german news site/magazine-app)
3.Fuse (for checking all of my blogs)
5.READU (a very nice ebook reader)
6.Amazing Weather (I actually don't use the App itself much, but the LiveTile all the time)
8.Wikipedia (the best wikiapp on WP: the one from Rudy Huyn)
9.dasImage (just awesome!)
10. Finanzstatus ( App from the german bank "Sparkasse")