Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Just thought I'd let everyone else know that these are for sale on verizonwireless.com, only one color it seems(black) but nonetheless they are pretty cool. I am returning my current Nokia Wireless charger in favor of this....slightly more expensive, but a tad more fun, eh??

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Amazon is also shipping for those that had pre ordered the Fatboy Pillow

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I used one and the phone got pretty warm fairly quickly. I would be interested in seeing if other people notice this too.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have one, it came for free with my employee edition HTC 8X. It does heat up a bit. I got the red one. I love wireless charging. The plug is freaking huge though. Stupid big.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Just ordered one from Verizon $44 shipped with my 25% corporate discount. Looking forward to it!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I have a fatboy pillow as well as a couple Nokia wireless chargers. The pillow is just a sleeve that goes over a normal wireless charger. My 822 slides off the pillow very easily. My 8X actually fits and stays on a lot better because of the coating and narrower size.
    Is there any reason for using this over the normal charger? IF it is more slip-prone as the one person mentioned and it offers the exact same functionality, what's the purpose?

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Not really, I mean just aesthetics. And maybe though not sure if you have the new tiny Luna Bluetooth headsets with wireless charging the pillow does look bigger maybe it can fit them both, but I don't think that's the case
    Not a Bluetooth person, and those headsets looked REALLY ugly and uncomfortable.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Now that I am primarily using the 8X I do like the Fat Boy on my nightstand because it is a bit easier to center my phone on the charger in the dark. Other than that, I can't think of any reason why you should get one.

If I knew it was just a charger in a pillow before I ordered I would have skipped it.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I think I'm going to order one of these, just because they're currently on sale (even though it's only $10 cheaper :p) and verizon has free 2-day shipping.
    Just get the charger without the silly pillow for $50. Same thing.