Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Seeing as how I'm lucky enough to have gotten my hands on both a wireless charging plate and charging stand for my 920, I thought I'd just write a quick blurb about them. First off, let me just say that I find both of these accessories to be amazing. While it may not seem like much, the ability to just plop your phone down on something and have it charge is really great. Sure, with the plate you are pretty much prevented from using the phone while it charges, but I find that I can easily do it when I go to bed or while I'm watching TV. There are always times I can manage to not be playing with my phone for a couple of hours:-)

If you can only afford to buy one of these items over the other, I definitely recommend going with the charging stand. The built in NFC, while technically a gimmick, I actually find myself using every time I put my phone on the stand. I have it set to launch my Nightstand Clock app. So, if nothing else, I at least get a desk clock while it's charging. The other thing I've notice though (and this could purely be my imagination) is that the stand seems to charge the phone faster than the plate. I don't know why that is the case, but my phone seems to charge fully in about 2 - 2 1/2 hours on the stand, with my clock app running constantly, where as the plate seems to take close to 3 1/2 hours to charge with the phone being in standby the whole time.

Either way, if you can get either one, you should. It's a little bit of the future you can use right now:-)

That's my 2 cents!
    Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Same here,the stand charges the phone faster
    Thanked by:

herp.jpg
    Rockin my new charging stand. Works like a charm lol
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    healthy stand

Hah! What happens when you tap the NFC? Does the phone emit a puff of smoke and a sigh of contentment? That is rather ingenious!
    MihirParkar and ryker002 like this.

I have the stand at home and the plate that came with the 920 in my office. And by the way, don't pay the prices people are asking on eBay for the hard to find stand. Check your local AT&T stores first. In my case, they didn't have them on display, but they had a couple of the stands "in the back".

I bought the white stand from att.com yesterday. It was in stock.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Love the charging stand which I use for work and have the charging plate coming strictly for home use:)

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Have any of you with the charging stand noticed that XBox Music isn't an option in the auto-launch application list? Kind of a bummer, I bought the stand for my desk at work and usually start playing music when I sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by smartrthanu View Post
    Have any of you with the charging stand noticed that XBox Music isn't an option in the auto-launch application list? Kind of a bummer, I bought the stand for my desk at work and usually start playing music when I sit down.
    Unfortunately, for some reason the NFC action only seems to work with 3rd party apps. Daniel mentioned this in his review, but I don't remember if he said why this is the case.

Global Posts
    1,502 Global Posts
    I wonder if Nokia Music is considered a 3rd party app? You can access your music from that.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Nokia Music did show in the list. I guess that's a good idea for now. I'll lose smart DJ with my Zune pass but its better than nothing.

Yes, Nokia Music is considered a 3rd party app. It's provided by a vendor and not part of the core WP8 group of apps.

How sturdy is the stand? Could I use it in a car?

Quote Originally Posted by kg93678 View Post
    How sturdy is the stand? Could I use it in a car?
    The stand is very sturdy, very well built. If you could find a way to secure it in and hardwire it to your car, you could definitely use it there. You would need to also find a way to secure the phone to the stand. As is, the phone simply rests on the stand.

Has anyone tried another brand of iQ charger pad?
    Guz

iPhone 3G
    Blackberry 6320
    Lumia 810

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Guys how long does it charge your phone with the wireless charger? Especially for the 8x?

I just picked up the stand and set it up with my Nokia 822. When I activate the nfc, I get "Search for app? You need an app to do this. Would you like to search...?" But when I click search I get "Sorry, no apps found." Any idea why I'm not getting anything?
    Thanked by:

The Energizer Qi charger works like a charm. I got one for $20 like 4 months ago (almost didnt buy it since verizon wouldnt confirm what/when they were getting WP8)

Amazon.com: Energizer Qi-Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I also got my charging stand today from MS store. No complaints so far, charges fast and without glitch. Also it looks amazingly classy with the phone standing there xD
    Haven't tried NFC yet, which night clock app to use??

hmmm a little question about battery... if you put your phone to wireless charging stand and launch app there while charging all night does it kill the battery slowly?

Quote Originally Posted by t0n1zz View Post
    hmmm a little question about battery... if you put your phone to wireless charging stand and launch app there while charging all night does it kill the battery slowly?
    In short, iit depends on the app. Wireless charging can only transfer so much power. If that phone us using more power than it it receiving. It will slowly die. I have had this happen from playing games on the stand.

THis is different than the wired charger where it actually powers the phone while it is charging.

Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    I also got my charging stand today from MS store. No complaints so far, charges fast and without glitch. Also it looks amazingly classy with the phone standing there xD
    Haven't tried NFC yet, which night clock app to use??
    I use an app titled "Night Stand Clock". I like the way it looks and it works well as an alarm clock too! Also, it does allow the phone to reach a full charge while it is running.

Here's a link to the app: Night Stand Clock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Love Night Stand Clock. I put a thick rubber band over the capacitive buttons, which otherwise shine so brightly in a dark room as to render the app useless for its intended purpose. Cannot understand why these buttons do not time out.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by avsef View Post
    Love Night Stand Clock. I put a thick rubber band over the capacitive buttons, which otherwise shine so brightly in a dark room as to render the app useless for its intended purpose. Cannot understand why these buttons do not time out.
    Very smart idea! I may need to try that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast