Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Well...

I love my 920 but I am afraid of getting the screen scratched. I bought a cheap case from Amazon, but it had it's faults, and I would rather not have a case. I decided to give Ghost Armor a try yesterday. It looks good, feels fine, and the only orange peel I can see is when I hit the light just right, but I would not use the phone at that angle, as it is just reflecting everything. Alas, I have to go back today and have it fixed or removed. The proximity sensor now does not work. I get black screen when I try to make a call. This worked just fine until I had the protector installed, and it does cover the sensor.

Nokia does have this listed under their FAQ's:

Troubleshooting - Why does my Nokia Lumia's screen turn black when in a call? - Nokia - UK

I did try blowing air into the top part of the glass, as others have mentioned, but that did not solve the issue. It would have been odd for the dust issue to happen the same time I had the protector installed, but it appears it is the fault of the Ghost Armor.

I called them and they said it should not be covering the sensor. I have to take it back up there and let them take a look at it. It appears that a lot of these initial cases/screen protectors are imperfect. Guess they were makeing using pictures of the device, without having one on hand.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Weird, I never had a problem with their front shield covering the sensor. I've replaced it with a Wrapsol since then, but I never noticed it causing a problem.

Oh, that's good to know. I was planning on making the Ghost Armor kiosk one of my first stops after getting. My phone...post an update once you make it back out to the store.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Update: Got a new protector from Ghost Armor and it is working now. He just extended the earpiece slot all the way across. He did say that if correct ones come in, they will replace it again for free with no installation fee.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Is the top piece still covering the upper mic?

And how's the fit on the screen? Does it follow the curve pretty well, or does it not go all the way to the end?

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Sorry for the delay in replies.

I only did the screen protector, I did not get the full body so I am not sure if it covers the upper mic or not. The screen protector covers great in my opinion. It does not go all the way to the sides, but it is close. It does cover all of the display and just a little bit beyond. My major concern was scratching the display screen and hopefully this protector will do that.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Here's a pic of the Ghost Armor Matte on the back. I will have pics of the Wrapsol Ultra later today when I can find someone to take a pic. The Top and Bottom pieces are the same finish. It comes with a piece that covers the camera area.

Thanked by:
    beej 

Quote Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
    Here's a pic of the Ghost Armor Matte on the back. I will have pics of the Wrapsol Ultra later today when I can find someone to take a pic. The Top and Bottom pieces are the same finish. It comes with a piece that covers the camera area.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...stArmor920.jpg
    Dang, that looks good! I may have to get that for my yellow L920...if it ever ships!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Dang, that looks good! I may have to get that for my yellow L920...if it ever ships!
    I'll post pics up of the Wrapsol in a bit. Might be better suited for you since you have a glossy finish...

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    so let me verify here. Ghost Armor comes in a matte back but a clear screen protector?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    so let me verify here. Ghost Armor comes in a matte back but a clear screen protector?
    Depends. The front will always be clear. However, I believe you can order the back in a variety of styles. They have clear, matte, and CF, I believe...

I kinda want to see how the matte would look on the yellow--I'm more of a matte guy...
    I actually wanted to see the carbon fiber myself. The lack of color options for the other styles was disappointing.