Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Ya that inner rubber was not finished correctly, I hope they replace it with a corrected version for him. Mine came in perfect condition and looked nothing like that. So far I really like the case.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Would someone mind doing a video review of this? I'm deciding this between this and the Incipio Dualpro, but it really depends on which one adds less bulk.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I think the Incipio is thinner than the Otterbox. If protection is your utimate goal, then go Otterbox. If not, Incipio. I'm kind of undecided myself. I was hoping we could find some deals out there before I buy.

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I just returned the Commuter and I have been using the Incipio. I prefer the Incipio over all. I had 2 main issues with the Commuter. The inner silicone is firmer and caused my screen protector to keep coming up. Secondly, when I used the Commuter with the phone flat on a desk/table it would slide around when I used it because of the slippery hard outer shell. I don't have either of these problems with the Incipio. The Incipio is smaller than the Commuter but offers similar protection in my opinion.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    I just returned the Commuter and I have been using the Incipio. I prefer the Incipio over all. I had 2 main issues with the Commuter. The inner silicone is firmer and caused my screen protector to keep coming up. Secondly, when I used the Commuter with the phone flat on a desk/table it would slide around when I used it because of the slippery hard outer shell. I don't have either of these problems with the Incipio. The Incipio is smaller than the Commuter but offers similar protection in my opinion.
    How much thinner is the incipio than the otterbox? This phone is already thick enough naked lol, I don't need it getting fatter! :P

I chose not to use a case for my 920. It is already durable enough that I know it will not break when dropped and I think it takes away from the natural beauty of the phone to add any case to it. When I had the Lumia 900 I did buy and use that clear film case that goes over the device, but that was the extent of any case that I would use. I haven't used anything on the 920.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Wish I had your confidence, but I've read about too many cases where the screen shattered with a single drop. Not taking any chances with mine, this guy has to last for a while and I have no insurance.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    How is the Otterbox quality-wise now that you've used it for a while? I had an Otterbox on my last phone (4S), and the silicone on the outside ripped completely after a short time. So I'm very leery of buying another one.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Sorry to see such poor QC from Otterbox. I have had those excess silicone issues as well in the past with their other models but not as bad as yours...that is just horrible and cheap looking. If there's any consolation, at least on the photos you posted while the phone was installed, the poor cut- outs aren't too obvious.

I was originally going to go naked on my black 920 but I was surprised to see stains like the matt coating was wearing off
    on the back of the 920 (looks like it was rubbed with acid) as early as the same night I got it so now I have no choice
    but to scramble for a case to protect the back from further wear. I've read here in the forums that there are also others
    that have the same experience with the matte coating staining.

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan421 View Post
    I chose not to use a case for my 920. It is already durable enough that I know it will not break when dropped
    Really?

One drop, from 3' (if that), onto a bamboo floor:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...MQEAJ5XS9PNvAk

the foto's can't go open

Good News!
    The Otterbox Commuter N920 case fits inside a Nokia CR-200 car charger.
    NFC and wireless charging still works with the case on. I was afraid that I would have had to remove it. That is not the case.(No pun intended :))

Oh! And I find that after 8 months of use, the 'screen on/power' button is no longer a bump as is the camera and volume buttons.
    It is almost worn flush with the plastic casing.
    And the rubber silicon has gotten very dirty. Ewww.
    Thinking of buying a new case just to clean up the phone.

But it has protected the phone from a few nasty drops.
    After owning several brands/os's of smartphones for several years now, I can honestly say that I would never buy a case other than Otterbox Commuter or Defender.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12