1.    #1  
    Hey everyone!

I know many of you may not see the point of an Otterbox, and that's fine. Your phone might be more of a reflection of your personality with the color you choose. For some who work in high manual jobs or active areas though, these cases can be a real phone saver.

Some of you may have seen the one on the Verizon website which is available for order now. It is located here: Set Your Location

Otterbox's website also lists another variant of the case, which I think looks amazing: Lumia 822 Case |Defender Series by OtterBox.com (Note you'll need to click on the white color choice.)

I'm very interested in trying one of these out when the time comes. Personally, I'd love it if all the features worked with it, including NFC, wireless charging, and the high sensitivity touch. We'll see.

I've asked for more information on availability, however I expect a generic response. We'll see though.

Nokia announced ruggedised cases for the 820, and i'm guessing they'll come to the 822, so you shouldn't need an external case, just a new back.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    Nokia announced ruggedised cases for the 820, and i'm guessing they'll come to the 822, so you shouldn't need an external case, just a new back.
    Oh really? That's really awesome to hear! Do you have a link? I'll have to search for this later!

I'd always like to stick to as much OEM as possible on a device. This would be pretty sweet.

Can't find the press release i saw. Nothing on the Nokia website at the moment, might be worth sending them a tweet/facebook/email and ask for an ETA.
  5.    #5  
    Can't find the press release i saw. Nothing on the Nokia website at the moment, might be worth sending them a tweet/facebook/email and ask for an ETA.
    I will once I receive a response about the charging shell. Very interesting though.

Global Posts
    1,014 Global Posts
    Can't compare to an Otterbox, though. Nothing can.
    I picked up the otterbox from Verizon yesterday. I wish they'd had the white/gray one, but I'm not all that particular, so the black is ok with me. I wanted something to bulk it up in my hands, as it was just too thin and slippery feeling in my hands, and wasn't comfortable to use. I love the case, and the screen protector that is built in doesn't take away from the screen sensitivity even though I also put a screen protector on the phone. I even did a test... Didn't have a glove handy, but was wearing a Columbia fleece jacket, so I wrapped my finger in 4 layers of fleece, and was able to slide up the lock screen. I'm impressed.
    doubt it. The whole back comes off the 820, only part of it on the 822.