Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Can we get a list of different options available for Lumia 920 cases? I cannot find very many

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I may go with one of these matte cases... can't find much about them, but it's not that expensive to try out, I guess! When I searched for other products they make, I found some macbook covers that had high scores from customer reviews.

Amazon.com: worldshopping lumia 920: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    Chime in when you spot some at local chain stores like BB, Staples, Walmart, etc. I want to pick up a temporary case while waiting for the one I really want to ship.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a2thejay23 View Post
    Those do look great, sadly another long distance ship. :(

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i wonder if the wireless charging would still work with all these cases on?

Quote Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
    Those do look great, sadly another long distance ship. :(
    These are available on eBay too, I have asked the seller (in China) if the wireless charging still works with these fitted but have not have a reply yet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Although for 7 I might just buy regardless as would be good for the car.

I will update this post accordingly.

Update - I've just purchased (no patience) so will confirm when it arrives...likely to be 2~3wks though due to shipping.

My 920 happily charges with my leather wallet between phone and charger, so i would expect charging to work.

But from what i've read, the efficiency decreases with distance, so i would expect charging to take longer with a case one.

I think these look nice, but for me, the point of a case is to protect the screen if (really when) I drop it. These cases that don't go around the edge and provide a bumper of sorts don't really help. I know because this is how I broke my last iPhone :(

anyway, just an FYI

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Yes, but for those of us that aren't willing to cover the screen, these at least keep the rest looking like new. And you have to figure probably 60% of the time when you drop it's the back or sides that will take the impact, so they're not useless.

I ordered three different types from eBay since they are so cheap... we'll see what they look like.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a clear case. I have a red 920 and really don't want to cove it up.

Lumia 920 Cases

OtterBox has some coming soon.

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    Those just seem so huge and unnecessary. The thing is already a tank, I just want something to make it grip easier and protect against scratches. I'm not worried about impact at all.

I'm actually looking a bumper. This tank looks beautiful already. Just got to keep the edges clean from drops.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm waiting on the release of the Nokia CC-1043 model gel case. I have/had the Nokia CC-1037-BK model gel case for my girlfriends 900, and it was awesome. Offered more grip over the polycarbonate body while adding very, very little bulk to the phone. Most people who saw it didn't think I had a case on it. Amazon has it on their site but says it's currently unavailable. I've wish listed it and hope it comes available very soon.
    Last edited by Loiselle; 11-14-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520
    According to Otterbox's FAQ it states that the Qi standard allows it to charge with up to a 40mm distance between the charger and the phone. So the otterbox defender case works. So I am guessing that an plastic shell and gel shell would be fine also.

Lumia 920 Case | Defender Series by OtterBox.com

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jn233 View Post
    I'm actually looking a bumper. This tank looks beautiful already. Just got to keep the edges clean from drops.
    I just purchased two of the Belkin bumpers this morning: a red and black one for my red 920 and a white and pink one for my wife's cyan 920. I'm hoping we never need them, but my wife went through three cases on her last phone and we have an 18 month old who loves to grab any phone he can - then run away with it. While I know the Lumias are pretty solid devices, I want the extra protection. The bumpers are nice because you can still show off the device colour.

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts

Bought this case for $6 on ebay, but the order got cancelled this morning. :(

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I can confirm that the wireless charger still works with this case: LCD Film Black Wallet Stand Leather Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 Card Slot | eBay

Took 5 days to receive and works great. I needed a case that could hold a credit card and/or my business cards.
    Thanked by:
    tissotti likes this.

I just ordered this Cima case (clear) for my yellow 920 for 9 bucks.. lip big enough to protect screen, and clear enough to show yellow =).. item isn't ready to ship until the 17th, getting it on the 21st. Will be back with review of cover.

Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmikel View Post
    I can confirm that the wireless charger still works with this case: LCD Film Black Wallet Stand Leather Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 Card Slot | eBay

Took 5 days to receive and works great. I needed a case that could hold a credit card and/or my business cards.
    Looks pretty nice, can you give us a screenshot of the lid folded behind or comment on whether or not it makes texting in portrait mode annoying?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Below are some pics. Sorry about the quality, these were actually taken with my colleagues new Galaxy 3S. I was surprised by the quality of the pictures. I had to ask him for his phone to take a look at the camera to make sure the lens was not blurred in some way and the lens wasn’t.

As for typing, I can type when the lid is folded over quite easily but that is not why I purchased. I got it because it looks professional, can easily flip the lid open so I have access to my phone and I am always needing access to my business cards. The fact that the lid folds is nice and I may use it on the rare occasion to watch media.

Thanked by:
    phasar 
    gbbg likes this.

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I'm not looking for a protective case but just something to carry the Lumia 920 on my belt. The problem I am having with the 920, which I didn't in the 900, is the audio jack is in the middle of the top of the phone and when headphones are used it doesn't want to fit. Ideally I would like to have a holster like this one for the 920. 3.jpg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast