Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree8Likes
  1. pvcleave's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #1  
    I see Invisible Shield makes one for the Lumia 920. Has anyone used Invisible Shield on any products? Are they really clear?

    I do not want a case, but I would like something to protect against scratches.

    Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
  2. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,765 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by pvcleave View Post
    I see Invisible Shield makes one for the Lumia 920. Has anyone used Invisible Shield on any products? Are they really clear?

    I do not want a case, but I would like something to protect against scratches.

    Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
    I've seen like two Zagg shields put on perfectly, all the other ones (probably about 20) had bubbles under the shield and they looked like crap.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    vp710 likes this.
  3. mtbush's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #3  
    Zagg & Monster Cable have to be biggest scam artists in the electronics industry. Don't buy that crap! As Palandri said above the skins peel off, get tons of bubbles underneath and begin to yellow over time. Their screen protectors ruin the clarity and touch sensitivity of the screen itself.
    Thanked by:
    palandri likes this.
  4. pvcleave's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #4  
    Thanks. I was wondering. I want to get some sort of shield around the body that is clear. I do not want a case, I just want something to prevent it from getting scratched.
  5. TMavC5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    #5  
    Just going to install shield on the back side.
  6. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,614 Global Posts
    #6  
    Had a skin on my iPhone 5. If installed right, it won't bubble. It might get yellow over time though.
    Duvi likes this.
  7. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Had a skin on my iPhone 5. If installed right, it won't bubble. It might get yellow over time though.
    Much easier on flat glass than curved glass.
  8. Tsaan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #8  
    I ordered an invisible shield screen protector for my Lumia 920. Gorilla glass still ends up getting scratched somehow no matter how hard they make it. It's funny how you can take keys to it and rub it hard with the keys and there will be no scratches, but you'll get a scratch from a grain of sand in your pocket. The resale value is higher if you can say the screen has been immaculate since day 1.
  9. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Much easier on flat glass than curved glass.
    It doesn't matter. The bubbles that may be there, if done right, go away within 2-3 days.

    I install shields all the time at work (the dry install) and they never come back! Zagg gives you a lifetime warranty, so if it starts to yellow, call them up and you'll get another for free.

    I have one on my GS3 and iPhone 5... perfectly installed.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Thanked by:
  10. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbush View Post
    Zagg & Monster Cable have to be biggest scam artists in the electronics industry. Don't buy that crap! As Palandri said above the skins peel off, get tons of bubbles underneath and begin to yellow over time. Their screen protectors ruin the clarity and touch sensitivity of the screen itself.
    Why are they scam artists? They give you a Lifetime warranty. Where does the scam come in to play?

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Muessig likes this.
  11. razorguy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    #11  
    I had a Zagg shield on my Galaxy S and it peeled off a bit after two and a half years but nothing major. I'm just wondering it if will cause any problems with using the 920 with gloves on if you put the invisible shield on it because I'd really like to get one if it doesn't..
  12. grndZr0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by razorguy View Post
    I had a Zagg shield on my Galaxy S and it peeled off a bit after two and a half years but nothing major. I'm just wondering it if will cause any problems with using the 920 with gloves on if you put the invisible shield on it because I'd really like to get one if it doesn't..
    I just put the invisible shield on my 920 yesterday. It works pretty good still. Not as sensitive, but it still works. (With gloves that is)

    I am still going to through an otterbox defender on it, but i needed something in the meantime to keep the screen from getting scratched.


    So hope that helps?

    Ryan
    Thanked by:
  13. glimited's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #13  
    Just put a front Invisible Shield protector the other day. I've had one before on an iPhone. The good thing is it's really clear and as long as you install it properly you'll get no bubbles at all. I eventually replaced it on my iPhone for a matte type protector because the Zagg felt a bit rubbery for me. Since there aren't that many protectors out right now, decided to get this one for now for the 920. It's super clear and the feel isn't that bad so I'll probably stick to it. The screen still looks beautiful even with this protector on.
  14. MAkhdar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    #14  
    Yeah getting a screen protector is something really important. Unfortunately for me my Lumia 920 is already all scratched up even with the best care, it really is a shame, that Gorilla Glass 2 only works when you don't want it to.
    Master_Nuno likes this.
  15. Sanpd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #15  
    Anyone have any links for a place to buy a Invisible shield for the Lumia 920? Not a generic one but one designed for Lumia 920.
  16. entropism's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #16  
    I highly suggest skipping Zagg and going with Bestskinsever.com. Higher quality protectors, same lifetime warranty, and no orange peel effect on your screen.
  17. Master_Nuno's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    I highly suggest skipping Zagg and going with Bestskinsever.com. Higher quality protectors, same lifetime warranty, and no orange peel effect on your screen.
    bestskinsever.com doesn't seem to make for the 920 yet and only make it for 1 lumia, 900.

    Search results for: 'lumia'

    Zagg already does - Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
  18. silverc230's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #18  
    I have emailed Bestskinsever a couple times asking when they will have one available for the 920 and have not received a response. Which is sad as they have always had great customer service. Has anyone bought skins that will cover the bezel around the camera lens as well? I have been looking at the ArmorSuit full set but I still can't see the back one in the picture. The ones I had on my 800 have kept the chrome bezel looking brand new. Can anyone share a picture if they have found a set that covers this? Thanks.
  19. knitoe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverc230 View Post
    I have emailed Bestskinsever a couple times asking when they will have one available for the 920 and have not received a response. Which is sad as they have always had great customer service. Has anyone bought skins that will cover the bezel around the camera lens as well? I have been looking at the ArmorSuit full set but I still can't see the back one in the picture. The ones I had on my 800 have kept the chrome bezel looking brand new. Can anyone share a picture if they have found a set that covers this? Thanks.
    I used the contact feature of BSE's website and got this response:

    Quote Originally Posted by bestskinsever
    From: Info@BestSkinsEver (info@bestskinsever.com)
    Sent: Tue 11/20/12 5:03 PM

    Hello Customer,
    We will be producing Skins for the Nokia Lumia 920 with plans to ship
    within the next few weeks. We will be accepting orders on our website
    shortly. We will be happy to notify you when this occurs.
    Thank you for your interest. Please let us know if you have any other
    questions. We look forward to serving you in the future.

    Best regards,
    Tracy M
    Support Team
  20. EvoKnvl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #20  
    Installed a Ghost Armor Matte on the 920 and now the wrapsol. The Matte Ghost Armor is really nice esp on a matte phone. However, the top piece doesn't have a cut out for the top mic and the front screen isn't cut out for the light sensor.

    Applied the Wrapsol Ultra on. The front and top pieces have the proper cut outs. It's really clear and looks awesome. However, I hope they release a matte version down the road...
  21. Rebelatheart's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
    Installed a Ghost Armor Matte on the 920 and now the wrapsol. The Matte Ghost Armor is really nice esp on a matte phone. However, the top piece doesn't have a cut out for the top mic and the front screen isn't cut out for the light sensor.

    Applied the Wrapsol Ultra on. The front and top pieces have the proper cut outs. It's really clear and looks awesome. However, I hope they release a matte version down the road...
    Hey. Where did you buy this Wrapsol screen protector from? I checked the Wrapsol site and they dont list the 920.

    Thanks
  22. EvoKnvl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #22  
    Pre-production sample. My guess is it should be posted very soon...
  23. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,477 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    #23  
    WARNING about some of the "complete protection" kits that cover all sides of the phone. I got a kit from these guys: Nokia Lumia 920 Extended Protector | Clear Protector

    The piece that goes on top covers the noise canceling mic. As a result it throws the phone off and your calls sound horrible. If you get a complete protection kit like this don't put that piece on or cut a hole for that mic. That mic CANNOT be covered.
  24. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,344 Global Posts
    #24  
    I've use an invisible shield on a couple of phones and I like them. The bubbles go away after a few days of use and I like the thickness and protection it offers.
  25. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,477 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    #25  
    you can pay half the price of Zagg if you go with TechArmor or Clear Protector. All of these guys operate out of Utah...I suspect under the same roof just different brands.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B