Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would quite like a stand, at least.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Ummm... Micro-USB charging and data cables? :D

Will any charging pad work with the 8x? At least maybe Qi compatible pads?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    8x doesn't have wireless charging.

The Verizon model does. All of Verizon's wireless charging phones are Qi compatible, the 8X should be too.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    The Verizon model does.
    Ok, didn't know that...

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    I ordered a Blue Double Shot Hard Shell by HTC for a Black 8X.

That is the only official case I've seen so far and though I was close to order the 8X in blue I decided at the end to stick with a black one and that cover.

They should arrive in the following days. I will post about the cover.

Yeah, let me know how the case...hopefully it is form-fitting, doesn't add a lot of bulk and allows for easy access to the (already challenging) exterior buttons.

"About" the case...not "how". Sorry...

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Pre-ordered my 8x at 1 am this morning on Verizon, picked up the anti-glare S/P's, as well as the clear, hard case. The blue and black cases were silicone from VZW, and I'm not a fan of that!

A rep couldn't confirm compatibility but maybe test it at an att store?

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I don't seen why we couldntnget the Nokia speaker with nfc. If the 8x has qi charging and nfc. It should work.

Just to let everyone know the Verizon HTC 8X does not support Qi charging, it supports whatever the other standard that powermat uses. To check you can look at the Nokia Qi charging plate that Verizon has and select different devices and the 8x says that it is not compatible. Also on the 8x product page it make no mention of Qi only powermat.

Not true, ever article written on the 8x including wireless charging specifies its Qi wireless charging.

I'm currently using a ColcaSac made for the iPhone 5 and its really nice. It's got that perfect hipster feel for me =P

Here it is.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    Pre-ordered my 8x at 1 am this morning on Verizon, picked up the anti-glare S/P's, as well as the clear, hard case. The blue and black cases were silicone from VZW, and I'm not a fan of that!
    Were there official (made by HTC)? The blue I ordered didn't say it was silicone, but hard plastic. The name was HTC Double Shot Hard Cover Blue. If it is silicone I will be very disappointed because I don't like those either.

Both the black 8X and the cover are already on it's way :D

Been using my 8X (california blue) with the official HTC double-shot case for a few days now.

It's the best fitted case i've ever seen. If fits so well that it's incredibly difficult to take it off.

The colour matches perfectly.
    It makes the buttons easier to find, as they are slightly raised on the case.

It just makes it feel a touch fatter, which is a shame. Thats the price of protection though. My verdict: Buy one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We're you able to get the case from a US source?

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    The case looks great! How is it to the touch? I see it is like hard plastic instead of a rubberized material.

I can't wait my Black 8X and that blue case to arrive.

Sadly, I couldn't find a black case to go with my phone but as I liked the Cali Blue color, I guess I will be using it at least for a few months before buying other colors. I would like to have a black one for default use and a limelight yellow to have for spare use:D

Quote Originally Posted by Keckpec29 View Post
    We're you able to get the case from a US source?
    No i'm in the UK. Got it from handtec, i'm pretty sure they deliver to US addresses though.

Link: Buy HTC Windows Phone 8X Doubleshot Hard Shell Case - Blue (HC C810) Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    The case looks great! How is it to the touch? I see it is like hard plastic instead of a rubberized material.

I can't wait my Black 8X and that blue case to arrive.

Sadly, I couldn't find a black case to go with my phone but as I liked the Cali Blue color, I guess I will be using it at least for a few months before buying other colors. I would like to have a black one for default use and a limelight yellow to have for spare use:D
    It's partially hard plastic (well mostly) and partially rubber. The surround around the screen and over the buttons is a very hard rubber material, but it needs to be, so that you can push the phone into the case - which would be impossible if it was all hard plastic. The back is the hard plastic part, but it's very soft to touch, and not slippery at all.

Can you still use wireless charging pads with the phone in a case like that?

If they made that case in the red and yellow too all you would need is a black 8x and those 3 cases and it would be like you had all 4 colors

Verizon has a otterbox defender case availble for the 8x. They only have them in black though.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckpec29 View Post
    If they made that case in the red and yellow too all you would need is a black 8x and those 3 cases and it would be like you had all 4 colors
    That was my line of thinking. I ordered the phone in black with the blue case. I hope they make them available in the other colors as you said.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast