Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    7,908 Global Posts
    I'm kind of loving that there are a bunch of different form factors for wireless charging, anyone else?

The Nokia Wireless Charging Plate looks great for my desk, and the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand would be perfect for my bedside table.

I'm not really understanding the appeal of the Fatboy Pillow, but to each their own, I guess.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,760 Global Posts
    My wife will like the bean bag one, not sure who makes it?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

i like charging stand and fatboy pillow especially fatboy pillow there is something special about it
    those are extra plus when someone decide to play lumia phone

Plate and stand are cool. Not sure I dig the pillow. My dog sleeps on a pillow. I'm not that attached to my phone to justify a pillow.

Pillow for home, stand for work. I just know everyone will ooh & ahh the wireless charging.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloXCRacer View Post
    Plate and stand are cool. Not sure I dig the pillow. My dog sleeps on a pillow. I'm not that attached to my phone to justify a pillow.
    My Lumia 800 already is on a small pillow on a shelve at night so that pillow now also charging the phone would be plus. :D

how great will an automotive charger be!!

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    i would like an alarm clock similar to the iHome for apple devices that takes advantage of the 920's built in wireless charging along with nfc :happy:
    Windows phone 8. Born in the year of our lord twenty twelve
    pvcleave, pmhgeneral and vp710 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
    i would like an alarm clock similar to the iHome for apple devices that takes advantage of the 920's built in wireless charging along with nfc :happy:

That's exactly what the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand does.

It has wireless charging and via NFC it opens application you want automatically when placed on the stand.

Want to keep using your Nokia Lumia while it charges? Place it on our Wireless Charging Stand so the screen’s easy to see.You can even pre-set the stand to open apps on your phone – like an alarm, Skype or SkyDrive.
    pmhgeneral likes this.

It depends on how much they will end up costing, but it would be nice to have either a plate or stand at work, and another stand for the bedside.

I guess the pillow would be handy for families where there is more than one device due to it's larger size?

Edit: of course, the advantage of Nokia using the Qi standard, is that we don't have to use their accessories and other manufacturers could release their own docks (some already do) which should hopefully help to keep the cost down.
    Last edited by Gorki247; 09-08-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    I'm going for standard pads across the board... they don't take up much space, and I can have one on my desk at work and nightstand by my bed at night.

The pillows take up too much room, and they're kinda ridiculous looking, in my opinion.

The speaker option is cool, but I don't have much use for the extra speaker, since I got the Play360 as a freebie from the event.

BTW, the chargers ALL work amazingly well. As long as there is SOME physical contact, you're good... not like those goofy touchstones that the Palm Pre had that it had to be "just right" or wouldn't work.

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    The point is if you make great accessories, people will spend the cash on them. Look at the iPhone accessory universe.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I would like to know what the charging rate (ma) is for wireless charging compared to the regular wired charger at 1A.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Being the ampage and voltage from usb is soo small, I would imagine its possible to charge wirelessly at a similar rate to via cables.

I like the idea of having a pad in my cars arm rest so i can just throw my phone, Satnav, whatever in there and they all just charge.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    I know for a fact that amperage is much higher from the standalone charger.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Remember, as long as it uses the QI standard you can use any wireless charging point. Some of them may not look as pretty as the Nokia ones but they'll still do the job (and could well be cheaper)

Edit: Sorry Gorki, didn't see your post. You beat me to it!!

I definitely like that there's a standard out there that manufacturers can use. I could see myself getting something like this for multiple devices:
    Energizer Inductive Charging Pad | Charging Station | Qi Technology

Hilarious that they show the iPhone on there, but still.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    When the iPhone 5S is out next year, and it includes wireless charging, you can be absolutly certain that it WONT adhere to the qi standard. Just like 30pin / "lightning" over USB, or AirPlay over DLNA. Thats just the Apple way!.

Anyways, back on track, I present the ULTIMATE Lumia 920 accessory:

Altho the fact that an inductive charging plate is an optional choice for the new Audi A3, and all Audis going forward, is also a pretty damned good accessory :P
    Doesn't the 920 come with a charging pad?

Output from a standard USB charger that comes with 920: 1000 mA

Output from (any) Nokia wireless charger: 300 mA

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke View Post
    Output from a standard USB charger that comes with 920: 1000 mA

Output from (any) Nokia wireless charger: 300 mA
    So the wireless charger only charges at 1/3 the rate of USB. But, think about user scenarios. You come home and you plop it on the charging plate or Fatboy pillow and the next morning it's 100% charged. Who cares if it took 6 vs 2 hours when you're at home? Unless you don't have a landline that that phone is your only means of voice communication, then it's not an issue. Same thing applies at the office. You come to your desk, you plop the 920 onto your dock and it keeps it near 100% all day long. It becomes less about how fast it charges compared to how long it's on the charger because it's so easy to just drop it on there vs fumbling with connectors all the time.
    Last edited by smoledman; 09-15-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    So the wireless charger only charges at 1/3 the rate of USB. But, think about user scenarios. You come home and you plop it on the charging plate or Fatboy pillow and the next morning it's 100% charged. Who cares if it took 6 vs 2 hours when you're at home? Unless you don't have a landline that that phone is your only means of voice communication, then it's not an issue. Same thing applies at the office. You come to your desk, you plop the 920 onto your dock and it keeps it near 100% all day long. It becomes less about how fast it charges compared to how long it's on the charger because it's so easy to just drop it on there vs fumbling with connectors all the time.
    I think a standard USB 2.0 port only puts out 500mA, USB 3.0 I think is 900mA. Wall chargers put out more.

I also think that slower charging extends a battery's useful life (as in number of charge cycles).
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

I ride my motorcycle alot. I have a bracketron universal mount for my focus. I use it for maps, music, calls, texts via blutooth in my helmet while im riding.

I will be getting a Lumia 920 in a couple of weeks to replace it.

What I would like is some type of solid universal mount (I used a bury this week in a car, it was nice.) That has QI built in. I would like it universal so that I can put a waterproof case on the lumia.

I will then have wireless charging, and wireless audio, so the phone can be completely sealed off from the elements (dust, sand, mud, rain, snow... I ride off road alot.)

So yea...

Ryan

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    I agree with this. I see the wireless chargers as a convenient way to keep your phone charged throughout the day/evening. If you only have 30 minutes and are at 10% it definitely makes more sense to use the plug, but in the average day you shouldn't get to 10% if you've got wireless chargers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast