Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will AT&T be getting the Purity HD headphones in blue soon?, I really hope so because they look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Jif View Post
    Will AT&T be getting the Purity HD headphones in blue soon?, I really hope so because they look awesome.
    amazon has them for sale now.. no tax and free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by lhickam View Post
    amazon has them for sale now.. no tax and free shipping.
    Oh sweet, that's a good deal, have you tried them before?

Oh sweet, that's a good deal, have you tried them before?
    nope.. I have the earbuds coming on Monday or Tuesday. But there seems to be a nasty glitch where inline functions on all headphones do not work properly with the 900 when it is asleep... and nokia has not said anything acknowledging the problem.

nope.. I have the earbuds coming on Monday or Tuesday. But there seems to be a nasty glitch where inline functions on all headphones do not work properly with the 900 when it is asleep... and nokia has not said anything acknowledging the problem.
    Well doesn't sound fabulous >.>
    can't you try them on at AT&T???

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I ordered a pair, had this issue. Ordered a replacement, same issue. Looks to be a phone problem, unfortunately. No response on the Nokia support forums

Quote Originally Posted by red grenadine View Post
    I ordered a pair, had this issue. Ordered a replacement, same issue. Looks to be a phone problem, unfortunately. No response on the Nokia support forums
    that's not good

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    that's not good
    No, no it isn't. Hopefully we can get some visibility on this issue. I emailed the guys here to see if they could make an article about it and maybe ask Nokia on an official capacity. Think one of the fan sites would get more traction than a couple users asking for help on forums

No, no it isn't. Hopefully we can get some visibility on this issue. I emailed the guys here to see if they could make an article about it and maybe ask Nokia on an official capacity. Think one of the fan sites would get more traction than a couple users asking for help on forums
    Couldn't be more true

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    When I ordered my phone on Sunday in store, I was eligible (but I don't know why or how) for $100 in free accessories. They happened to have a set of UrBeats by Dr. Dre in stock for $99. At that point, I figured... "Why not?"

Also, it says, under compatibility, that the Nokia Lumia 900 is supported.

Currently, I'm using a HTC HD7S, and not all of the functions work on that phone... like track skip forward and backwards... so here's hoping it works as described. They lady who showed them to me said they work flawlessly.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

Got my Nokia Purity in ear's in the mail today. They have the same problem as other headphones that I have tried. The pause/play functionality stops reliably working when the phone is asleep.. works about 20% of the time.

Everything works fine on the lock screen and when the phone is active... really upsetting.

Fortunately I really like the headphones and might keep them anyways.. but I hope Nokia has a response about fixing this issue soon.. or I will have to return the phone.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Got my Nokia Purity in ear's in the mail today. They have the same problem as other headphones that I have tried. The pause/play functionality stops reliably working when the phone is asleep.. works about 20% of the time.

Everything works fine on the lock screen and when the phone is active... really upsetting.

Fortunately I really like the headphones and might keep them anyways.. but I hope Nokia has a response about fixing this issue soon.. or I will have to return the phone.
    Yeah, that's the only reason why I haven't bought a pair yet. Waiting on fix before dropping a hun on a set.

Don't get them, they don't work. :mad: On my second pair and none of the in line controls work, ever regardless of the state the phone is in.

I really hope to buy a pair soon...

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    When I ordered my phone on Sunday in store, I was eligible (but I don't know why or how) for $100 in free accessories. They happened to have a set of UrBeats by Dr. Dre in stock for $99. At that point, I figured... "Why not?"

Currently, I'm using a HTC HD7S, and not all of the functions work on that phone... like track skip forward and backwards... so here's hoping it works as described. They lady who showed them to me said they work flawlessly.
    Hi, Can you tell if the urbeats worked with the Lumia 900. I just got the ibeats and the inline functions dont seem to work for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post

The wired handsfree that came with my HD7 (Bell; Canada) have volume & play/pause with Bluetooth functionality and worked flawlessly from day 1 til I lost them. The better part of a year. No track selection functionality though.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Any updates on this?

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    No updates. On the 900, both the Nokia in-ear and on-ear controller works great until you turn the phone's screen off. At that point the volume works all the time, pause/play works about 60% of the time, the previous/next track about 10% of the time. I've contacted Nokia via their website and twitter. I got a long email via the website that said nothing, and I got a consistent reply of "the issue has been escalated" from the nokia care twitter account for about a month. I continue to ask about the issue every week, but now I don't get any reply at all.

The craziest thing is the controls work all the time with 3d party apps like metro radio, siriusxm, etc.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Yeah I've just given up asking. Its really annoying and I'm looking towards abandoning Nokia for Samsung for WP8 due to it

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, the Focus S has a problem with the controllers as well. So going Samsung may not fix the issue. I do know the HTC phones work perfectly; my Titan worked great with all wp7 headsets (not iphone compatible headsets of course)

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Odd my first Gen focus worked fine.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Yes mine did too. Interestingly, the Focus S didn't come bundled with the same three button in-ears that the original Focus did, it came with single button ear buds.

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Well, I certainly can't fault Nokia for lack of customer service. I have been bugging the Nokia Care twitter account for months regarding this issue, and today they asked me to forward all the details to an email address. About an hour later I got an email stating:

While this issue is being investigated by the appropriate team, we would like offer to send you a Play 360 Wireless Speaker. We would just need your IMEI, home mailing address and phone#.

Kind regards,
    Nokia Care US Team

After I forwarded the info, I got an email with a tracking number, UPS Priority Overnight.

I really love Nokia, they have won me over in a major way. Not just this, but the way they handled the connection problems on the first wave of 900's, the exclusive apps, etc.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Nice. I tried bugging them a bit on the twitter and their customer care forums but it got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered to keep at it. Kudos. Hopefully the fix the damn problem but unfortunately it looks like I'll be getting a new WP 8 phone by the time they fix it

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm afraid a fix isn't coming. I've been using the bt Harman Karden's lately, and I'm going to pick up a pair of the Parrot Zik's next week, but it still sucks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast