Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Adiliyo

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    I am thinking of picking up an invisishiled to protect my phone from scratches, but I love the texture of the 900 and don't want to put the invisishield on it if it will drastically change the texture/look of the phone from matte to glossy (don't like the gloss look is the only reason I got Cyan over White).
    I have the IS on my Atrix, and it will change both texture and look. How much, and whether it is acceptable, will be up to you.

The texture is rubbery, for lack of a better word. I initially wasn't a fan, as I am used to more rigid protectors, but the protection has grown on me.

The look will be slightly glossier. I actually like it on my Atrix, as it highlights the faux carbon fiber back, but we'll see about the 900.

I liked it enough that I ordered the IS for my 900. The protection is top notch.

Global Posts
    2,998 Global Posts
    i wish they made just the camera cutout, i'd buy that from them.

personally i hate screen protectors, i love the feel of glass. plus i don't want to make the back of the phone glossy or lose the matted texture.
    jddesigned likes this.

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    Ya, based on what has been said I won't be getting it. I hate rubbery feeling phones.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    My AT&T rep put a Moshi iVisor on yesterday and I like the feel. Matte finish and nice finger drag. Oh, and I have not wiped the screen since yesterday and not a single fingerprint. Nothing.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    Just ordered one today. I tend to like the "rubbery" feeling. more grip, helps reduce finger prints. Plus they last so long. Had them on my Iphone for a year without the need to change.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Just got the dry install from ATT, worst screen protector i've had to install ever. I've installed the wet versions plenty of times without bubbles or peeling or fingerprints under the protector. But this Dry install protector is just horrible to install. You're suppose to line up the template to your phone, but the template is to hard to see through and as soon as the screen protector made contact with my screen it stuck like glue and of course was slightly crooked. Now with the wet versions you could easily slide the protector into place and then start squeegeeing out the bubbles. Not with this thing, it stuck like glue, i tried peeling it back (the instructions say it can be peeled off and repositioned) but then I got finger prints on the corner and it even stretched out. I said to **** with it and just started squeegeeing out the bubble, but they would not come out easily. Now I got all these bubbles on the outer edge of the screen and finger prints on the corners.

To put it simply, it looks like ****.

I'm going to try and return this crap and get the wet install version instead.

btw, i've installed a dry screen protector like this on my PSVita and had no problems with it. The templates were clear and easy to line up, unlike this protector.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adiliyo View Post
    i wish they made just the camera cutout, i'd buy that from them.

personally i hate screen protectors, i love the feel of glass. plus i don't want to make the back of the phone glossy or lose the matted texture.
    I purchased the Skinomi only for the camera cutout. $20 bucks just for it but my camera chrome finish will remain intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by mihesq View Post
    Just got the dry install from ATT, worst screen protector i've had to install ever. I've installed the wet versions plenty of times without bubbles or peeling or fingerprints under the protector. But this Dry install protector is just horrible to install. You're suppose to line up the template to your phone, but the template is to hard to see through and as soon as the screen protector made contact with my screen it stuck like glue and of course was slightly crooked. Now with the wet versions you could easily slide the protector into place and then start squeegeeing out the bubbles. Not with this thing, it stuck like glue, i tried peeling it back (the instructions say it can be peeled off and repositioned) but then I got finger prints on the corner and it even stretched out. I said to **** with it and just started squeegeeing out the bubble, but they would not come out easily. Now I got all these bubbles on the outer edge of the screen and finger prints on the corners.

To put it simply, it looks like ****.

I'm going to try and return this crap and get the wet install version instead.

btw, i've installed a dry screen protector like this on my PSVita and had no problems with it. The templates were clear and easy to line up, unlike this protector.
    Are you talking about the Skinomi DryTech? The InvisibleShield does not install as a dry installation. If so, that is a different product by a different manufacturer.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanizedSunrise View Post
    Are you talking about the Skinomi DryTech? The InvisibleShield does not install as a dry installation. If so, that is a different product by a different manufacturer.
    nope, its zagg invisible shield dry install, I bought it from ATT. Its the dry "easier" method from the wet installation skins.
    There is a dry install (screen only) and the "full body" dry install IS, I got the "fb" one, but the att rep put my screen protector upside down (it has the small divot where the FCC goes lol" but I am not sweating it, I like being able to feel I have my phone upside down or not.