Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    My question is simple,as we do not have any messenger app(official) from either MS or FB,so is there any app that can rcv push notifications and doesn't require me to be online all the time on FB?I used IM+ but the problem with it is that it shows me online all time (says that FB and some other services do not allow for "busy" and "away" status).So please tell me as I want the functionality similar to FB messenger that we have for other platforms.Kindly reply.
    Nothing is true,Everything is Permitted

Have you tried the messages app built in? You can have different preferences.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Use the integrated Facebook. It lets you set your status offline.

Also, its the faster in receiving messages than the fb app.
    The only thing missing in the built in app is Group chats...and a bit more reliability with notifications

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Well, the built-in chat gives messages 4-5 seconds late.. Which is a problem for me. And it doesn't show typing and seen thing. I need to know whether the person I'm chatting with is typing or not, cause then I can decide to reply or wait for him to write the message. I think we need a messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi_k4 View Post
    Well, the built-in chat gives messages 4-5 seconds late.. Which is a problem for me. And it doesn't show typing and seen thing. I need to know whether the person I'm chatting with is typing or not, cause then I can decide to reply or wait for him to write the message. I think we need a messenger.
    What is this world coming to? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrtoo View Post
    What is this world coming to? Really?
    ahahah

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhi_k4 View Post
    Your connection must be slow then. It takes a maximum of 2 seconds for a message to arrive, average is about a second. I'd call that pretty fast if not very fast.

And wow at the other points, I will just quote this.

"What is this world coming to? Really?"
    rain620 likes this.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dario Federico View Post
    The only thing missing in the built in app is Group chats...and a bit more reliability with notifications
    Agreed, it should hopefully be fixed in 8.1 with the deeper fb integration.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaushik Dash View Post
    Your connection must be slow then. It takes a maximum of 2 seconds for a message to arrive, average is about a second. I'd call that pretty fast if not very fast.

And wow at the other points, I will just quote this.

"What is this world coming to? Really?"
    Ohh sorry.. Actually it's 2-3 seconds late. Still pretty late for me. And other things, actually I need FB chat to be in touch with my girlfriend. It's the easiest and cheapest way for us. And those features make messaging a bit more convenient. I find the chatting experience on Android better than my Lumia, that's it. You may not need it, but many people need it. And it's good to have those features, ain't it?? I mean more is always good.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Yeah well it still works and you can be in touch with your close ones. What else?
  12.    #12  
    Hey hey,i know that integrated FB chat is good(i use it )but i need to set my status "offline",which,when I do in the integrated chat,actually takes me offline and doesn't delivers Push notifications.People I am talking about the PUSH NOTIFICATIONS so that even if the integrated chat is set to offline,nobody can see my online status,but when someone send me a message then I get its toast notifications.
  13.    #13  
    Use the integrated Facebook. It lets you set your status offline.

But when i set it to offline ,then entire thing goes offline and what i am talking about is PUSH notifications.

Also, its the faster in receiving messages than the fb app.

Set it to invisible. Offline and push.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by troylytle View Post
    Set it to invisible. Offline and push.
    When I set it to invisible,then no contacts are shown. :-\.And offline means opting out of all connected accounts,"busy" and "away" seems to work only for live messenger and not facebook,as it still shows with the "green" dot in chat list of my frnds.Is there any workaround,so that i can rcv messages frm FB even when I am not online.?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Wow... Just wow... Dude, you're better off with another OS. He said that you can keep yourself invisible.

That way you can send and receive messages, so what's the problem?
  17.    #17  
    Wow... Just wow... Dude, you're better off with another OS. He said that you can keep yourself invisible.

That way you can send and receive messages, so what's the problem?
    Arey bhai,I know i can set the status to invisible but then the contact list is not shown.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_India View Post
    Arey bhai,I know i can set the status to invisible but then the contact list is not shown.
    Yet you can still search for a contact that you want to speak to by using the (+) on the bottom of the messaging screen and send and receive messages.
  19.    #19  
    Yet you can still search for a contact that you want to speak to by using the (+) on the bottom of the messaging screen and send and receive messages.
    But will I get push messages back when I am "invisible" and someone on FB messages me?

I tried setting to "invisible",tapped on "+" and sent a message to a friends,guess what-message didnt go,and it was showing "try again",but when I again changed back to "available",the same message went without any problem......

The last time I experimented with the horrendous built in chat, I found out that keeping your status 'away' will let you view online contacts, but you will appear offline to them. You will still be able to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by PureView View Post
    The last time I experimented with the horrendous built in chat, I found out that keeping your status 'away' will let you view online contacts, but you will appear offline to them. You will still be able to chat.
    Why do you say horrendous, works good for me.

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Agreed, it should hopefully be fixed in 8.1 with the deeper fb integration.
    I suggest the opposite - drop the Facebook integration, which is never going to be as good as a proper Facebook app (it will always lag an FB app in terms of new features, for example), and get Facebook to write and maintain a proper app. The money saved by abandoning the built in app can be given to FB to do the job properly.
    OsamaAdam98 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrtoo View Post
    Why do you say horrendous, works good for me.
    good for you. lacks a lot of basic features for me
  24.    #24  
    "available:,"busy","away"are basically same thing in case of facebook integrated chat.just checked now. :-(

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    We really need a messenger.. What about stinkers by the way?? Any way to send and see stickers from a WP. I ain't saying integrated chat is bad. It is good for basic part. But as we need a separate app even though facebook is integrated deeply in the OS, we need a messenger too. To have features on par with other OSes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast