- 10-07-2013, 09:04 AM #1
I'm on a roll! I've moved my girlfriend over to a L920 from her android and then she moved her mother over yesterday to a L520. Hopefully she gets her best friend to change too! Hard to turn down the $100 phone on a $60 prepaid when you're coming from a android that barely runs anymore on a $90 contract.
Anyway the question at hand. So I was attempting to setup a @myfairpoint.net email address on the 520. I went to other account and put in the imap info from the fairpoint.net website that they suggested for Windows 8....the phone didn't like the certifacte, but I continued anyway. Then it wouldn't sync because it claims account info is wrong. So I tried the POP3 setting the fairpoint.net website suggested for Outlook 2010 but I received the same problems.
Any suggestions? Here is the link to the internet email setup instructions.(but you can't set up ports from your phone can you?)
Email Setup Instructions
10-07-2013, 02:21 PM #3
- 110 Posts
I can't give you specific advise on Fairpoint, but my email provider has similar settings. Have you tried different combinations for the 4 checkboxes at the end of the settings dialogue? I have all of them checked.»Lass dir deinen Entwurf nicht kaputt machen.«
»Do not let them degrade your design.«
- 10-08-2013, 01:10 PM #4
- By Meagey in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 6Last Post: 10-10-2013, 07:13 PM
- By Masum_56k in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 3Last Post: 10-09-2013, 04:36 PM
- By greynightshirt in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 26Last Post: 10-08-2013, 05:59 AM
- By mase123987 in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 10-07-2013, 03:55 PM
- By agion1 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2013, 09:19 AM