- 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM #1
My wife's BB curve is acting up and I was thinking of replacing it. Could get a Z10 of course but with all the latest development with BB not sure we want to go down that road. I was pricing a used Iphone 4S $400 Yikes!
My son has an HTC One. Nice phone but I have a feeling my better half might find it too much.
Recently bought her a new laptop with Windows 8 and she really likes it. So I thought this could be a good solution.
She is not a heavy user. Mainly texting, email, browsing, some video, netflix, instagram etc... no games.
Since I know next to nothing with WP could you recommend a reasonably priced decent unit. Doesnt have to have the latest bells and whistle. Or where would you recommend to buy a refurbished unit? Our carrier is Rogers.
So any helpful advice is appreciated.
- 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM #4
But if your wife doesn't care about a Front Facing camera, then get the Lumia 520 or 521(the T-Mobile version).
IF she likes to use video chat or is like me and takes tons of selfies get the 620 :D
I like the 620 because it has so many different colors :P
- 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM #8I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore!)
10-02-2013, 07:28 PM #12
- 183 Posts
10-02-2013, 08:37 PM #14
- 183 Posts
I believe the 625 is interesting, but it may not be on the shelves yet. The 620 has no FM radio and the 520 has. If the price difference is slim though and you don't want to wait for the 625, I'd go for the 620. Especially if Skype is interesting.
Oh, and myTube all the way folks. The best Youtube app on any platform.
10-04-2013, 11:31 AM #15
- 100 Posts
If you can find a 820 (810,822) I highly recommend it.. It has the same inside as the 920 and costs a great deal less. If you really want to get the WP8 experience without spending much cash then the 520, 521 is hard to beat. I even bought one as a backup phone in case I ever lost or broke my 820.
- 10-04-2013, 11:37 AM #16
Screen on 520 is not as bright as 620 but 520 is bigger screen, I got 520 as spare and now my wife uses it, I have a 820, the screen on that is bigger than 520 and brighter colors but good bit dearer, I'd go with 520 or 620. Jim
- By markmg in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 19Last Post: 10-17-2013, 08:02 AM
- By CamiKitti in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 19Last Post: 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM
- By Abhishek Belkar in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 19Last Post: 10-05-2013, 02:32 AM
- By Kunal0 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
- By xarcane24 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 1Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM