10-02-2013, 01:52 PM #3
- 2,547 Posts
I'm with you. But lucky for me, my Canon printer has an email address. ;)--
Just a sample of the devices I've owned over the years.....
Nokia ATT phone
HTC Windows Mobile (?)
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro II
Nokia Lumia 822
Nokia Lumia 928
10-02-2013, 07:07 PM #9
- 721 Posts
Are there Google Cloud Print apps for WP? I never checked. I've found this setup to be the most convenient for me, but I don't use it on my WP so I can't speak for it. You can print from anywhere to any printer set up for it.I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore!)
10-03-2013, 10:52 AM #11
- 393 Posts
What Apple does is produces an interface called AirPrint to be implemented on printer itself. So the different implementations can be hidden from the software. The problem is not all the printers support that feature.
Google cloud print did similar thing that use the cloud service to handle this.
Microsoft so that has not introduced this kind of interface that can be implemented on printer side directly.
10-03-2013, 11:22 AM #12
- 535 Posts
10-03-2013, 01:20 PM #13I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore!)
- 721 Posts
- By gibbage in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 33Last Post: 10-24-2013, 07:45 PM
- By gurru22 in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 9Last Post: 09-18-2013, 10:29 AM
- By Aldiggi in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 13Last Post: 09-01-2013, 07:28 AM
- By Dirigent82 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:40 PM
- By Jeternal740 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2013, 10:19 AM