- 10-01-2013, 09:41 PM #1
Surfing around various WP forums, I haven't seen many requests for a brightness API.
I use brightness several times a day, and have a massive need for a pinned toggle. It's bad enough they don't allow third party access, but they bury the thing so far in the settings menu there is no quick way to get to it.
I just haven't seen this request on any forums here, xda, or that myvoice thing. Anyone else see this as a must?
Also, does anyone know why access isn't allowed?
- 10-02-2013, 07:25 AM #4
I have an ATIV S.
Maybe mine is the exception, but the auto setting doesn't change on a gradient, it just changes the screen to either low, med, or high. Further to that, most times in broad daylight it won't change to high, so I can barely see the screen. I find myself digging in the settings for it at least... 4 times a day I'd say.
- 10-03-2013, 10:54 AM #5
Two replies sadly tells me I'm right; this isn't a much requested feature.
Which doesn't make sense. Both iOS and Android have brightness sliders within one finger slide. They see a need for it and implement it, why not MS? It's just one of those basic things that really needs to be front and centre.
10-03-2013, 11:13 AM #6
- 155 Posts
I've wanted this toggle since day one of WP! I actually had one on my dev unlocked HD2 running WP7, but once mango came around it killed the ability to use that toggle anymore. Haven't seen anything since then. The auto brightness on these phones just doesn't cut it.
- 10-03-2013, 11:20 AM #9
- By ran011 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 10-30-2013, 01:22 AM
- By Coolknight1968 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 10-28-2013, 06:16 PM
- By Mohamed AbdElfattah in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 10:50 PM
- By wpp8fan in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 1Last Post: 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM
- By Soyeb Mullick in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 09-27-2013, 02:09 PM