09-22-2013, 05:26 PM #1
- 51 Posts
My Lumia 920 had recently (well, for some time) changed to the new Bing Search where MS had combined local and web searches into just a web pivot. I think this is the most useless and stupid things that MS had done so far with WP8. It started out when I was frustrated last night trying to find the address of "oasis" bubble tea place. The complete name is "oasis tea zone", but I didn't remember the "tea zone". It gave me useless results with most of that ads. I made a comparison with my Lumia 710 and 920 on the new humorous and less useful results with local + web combined to web. I thought "local" was very innovative feature, but sadly MS started to cater to ads and the current algorithm fails very frequently.
Does anyone have similar experience with the new Bing Search? Are you satisfied with combining local + web?
09-22-2013, 05:59 PM #2
- 834 Posts
Yes, I am. I never used local on 7.x anyway. I would either type " restaurant " in manually or say it. To have it in your face in search is very convenient. They could have given the ability to pin it to start for people who aren't familiar with the OS.
- By xRiceyx in forum IntroductionsReplies: 8Last Post: 09-25-2013, 05:07 PM
- By smoledman in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2013, 01:55 AM
- By John Balacano in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 32Last Post: 09-24-2013, 12:15 PM
- By dj9928 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 09-23-2013, 01:31 AM
- By Blackwood504 in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-22-2013, 04:55 PM