Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Man, I've had BBM for a year, was using Bold 3. No doubt it was the best thing back then until whatsapp came.
    As for BBM is the father, the father is getting old, sick, looks pale and needs too much care to come out and play with his grand children.
    LOL! I completely buy it, and might I add, father should also retire. But, BUT here's the catch. Encryption. You know one of the things I love the most about WP is security. And that is BBM's home ground. So, even though there are countless options available, the security, I bet it top notch.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    LOL! I completely buy it, and might I add, father should also retire. But, BUT here's the catch. Encryption. You know one of the things I love the most about WP is security. And that is BBM's home ground. So, even though there are countless options available, the security, I bet it top notch.
    Yep, had read some news about UK riots, people used BBM to cause riots and escape police :D.

So I can say, BBM is a good thing for eh, I think you already know ;)

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    guys guys guys , im not saying that im dying to get bbm. it is a normal app and whatsapp is way better im assuming. All what im saying is that BBM is a very very very big name to be in the market. I dont care if blackberry is dying or suffocating. My concept is "if apple and google gets an app, so should microsoft" Its THAT simple. But dont try to lie to yourselves and say that you dont need it and "grow up" . NO , YOU DO NEED IT. All of us put everything into windows phone, the least that they could do is provide us with apps and games as soon as android and IOS get them.
    And for your information, microsoft CAN do something. the decision isnt in blackberry's hand solely you know. Microsoft can do its part and pressurize blackberry into making an app for wp8
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Azurus View Post
    guys guys guys , im not saying that im dying to get bbm. it is a normal app and whatsapp is way better im assuming. All what im saying is that BBM is a very very very big name to be in the market. I dont care if blackberry is dying or suffocating. My concept is "if apple and google gets an app, so should microsoft" Its THAT simple. But dont try to lie to yourselves and say that you dont need it and "grow up" . NO , YOU DO NEED IT. All of us put everything into windows phone, the least that they could do is provide us with apps and games as soon as android and IOS get them.
    And for your information, microsoft CAN do something. the decision isnt in blackberry's hand solely you know. Microsoft can do its part and pressurize blackberry into making an app for wp8
    Sigh, we have 1,00,000+ apps in the wp market that are possibly on Android and Ios too, doesn't mean we have to install them all on our devices?

Really?

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Sigh, we have 1,00,000+ apps in the wp market that are possibly on Android and Ios too, doesn't mean we have to install them all on our devices?

Really?
    I have to disagree. He has a point. It was the same point I made, we NEED apps not for you or me, but to get people on board. And his question is as simple as it can be. If "iOS and Android can, why can't we?" Fair enough I say..
    Thanked by:
    Azurus 

Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts
    Everyone uses Whatsapp or iMessage these days.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Everyone uses Whatsapp or iMessage these days.
    Yep, I've seen people using a BB but using Whatsapp more than BBM, for a simple reason.
    There are more androids, iphones and wp devices than BB.

BB users do need Whatsapp, no exception.
    But non BB users needing BBM, bah.

Etios likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    But now bbm has become cross platform. I think people will start using it a lot more.
    Between bbm and WhatsApp, bbm is the better app.
    And in countries like India, people are very excited about bbm. Till now, wp has been doing very well in India, now unavailability of bbm could change that.
    Ishan Pandya likes this.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by shilpa0592 View Post
    But now bbm has become cross platform. I think people will start using it a lot more.
    And in countries like India, people are very excited about bbm. Till now, wp has been doing very well in India, now unavailability of bbm could change that.
    Only time will tell the tale ;)

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    LOL, bbm is dead in India, Whatsapp has effectively killed bbm, whatsapp is available on Android, ios, WP7, WP8, Symbian and even Nokia Asha S40, there is no way bbm can compete at this level.

i feel this is just a phase. Everyone wants a bit of the new chocolate once they realize its the same no one cares. What i really disliked is Blackberry treated WP as a outcast. No BBM for WP8. I am not sure if i going to use BBM but i still want it to be available for me on my WP. It feels embarrassing to be missing out.

I know many would agree with me.
    Thanked by:
    Azurus 
    Azurus and shilpa0592 like this.

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    BBM came about because texting in early mid 2000's was expensive, and most business phones had 2g and edge data for 15-30 dollars a month, it was slow, so you couldn't do much with it, but messages came through good, and BB provided a messaging portal on their servers (because, you know, EVERYTHING went through their servers). You could tie your BBM username to the BES server and it was smooth, for internal business. Now everyone has unlimited texts and data is provided better by directly connecting to services. So you can pull up your exchange GAL directly and text someone directly, with out needing BBM to be the middle man.

Skype, and all the other messaging services so the same thing with out having to rely on the crappy bb infrastructure, or you can text directly, it was neat when it was new, but they never updated with the times and it's dead now.

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    BBM came about because texting in early mid 2000's was expensive, and most business phones had 2g and edge data for 15-30 dollars a month, it was slow, so you couldn't do much with it, but messages came through good, and BB provided a messaging portal on their servers (because, you know, EVERYTHING went through their servers). You could tie your BBM username to the BES server and it was smooth, for internal business. Now everyone has unlimited texts and data is provided better by directly connecting to services. So you can pull up your exchange GAL directly and text someone directly, with out needing BBM to be the middle man.

Skype, and all the other messaging services so the same thing with out having to rely on the crappy bb infrastructure, or you can text directly, it was neat when it was new, but they never updated with the times and it's dead now.
    And none of the alternatives, aside from iMessage on iDevices, is as encrypted as BBM.

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    BBM for Android does not work so well, cant even open the app...there are several developers that have published the BBM app for Android. Not sure if its cheap copy cats or the official thing...but its terrible.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I don't think the official one has been released yet.

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate 1 View Post
    BBM for Android does not work so well, cant even open the app...there are several developers that have published the BBM app for Android. Not sure if its cheap copy cats or the official thing...but its terrible.
    Yes, it is terrible that people downloaded obvious fakes and are blasting BBM for them. If it isn't from BlackBerry Ltd, it isn't the real app. I haven't had any problems with it, it works like a charm. Then again, I got the leaked version that eventually got taken down. Still works though.

It looks like BBM for Android and iOS may not even happen for the time being so a WP app is highly unlikely at the moment.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    It looks like BBM for Android and iOS may not even happen for the time being so a WP app is highly unlikely at the moment.
    Lol, the current app they have seems to be buggy :p
    Seems someone published the app in a hurry!

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I have zero persons who use BB, or will use bbm. On WP you have plenty of options, and in any other platform too so this bbm does nothing else than add another same messaging type of app in the store.
    Ambassador

I actually look at at this way.

Why did BB release BBM on cross platform?
    So people have more choice and are not limited to BB for BBM.
    But hey, didn't hey have a lot of choice already?
    With BBM open for all, you reduce the chances of people buying a BB phone, BB could end up as a company offering software services limited to BBM, only because everybody downloaded BBM and nobody bought BB.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Do you guys think we might get bbm on wp8 now? Apparently, blackberry is coming out with a desktop version for PCs. Would that make it easier?
    Ambassador

Do you guys think we might get bbm on wp8 now? Apparently, blackberry is coming out with a desktop version for PCs. Would that make it easier?
    Seriously?
    They'll be really losing it for real, Imaging nasty people using that desktop app to cause bad activities, thanks to BBM's stringent security there'll be no trace of it.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    As I understand it, the desktop version of BBM is not a standalone version, but it just links the desktop BBM to the Blackberry device.

See BBM on the desktop gets a BlackBerry Jam Asia demo | CrackBerry.com

What you see in the above image was a tech demo for BBM on the desktop at BlackBerry Jam Asia, essentially showing how your BlackBerry can be used to mirror the content on your BlackBerry to the desktop over USB and WiFi which also includes Windows integration, allowing for such things as using the file picker to send photos, files and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertego View Post
    As I understand it, the desktop version of BBM is not a standalone version, but it just links the desktop BBM to the Blackberry device.

See BBM on the desktop gets a BlackBerry Jam Asia demo | CrackBerry.com
    Ahhh, yes. Just when I finally got all the Blackberry Desktop software OFF of all the work PC's. Here they come again. Well maybe not - can't think of anyone around here who has a Blackberry anymore.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ahh okay.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast