09-18-2013, 12:55 PM #1
- 27 Posts
I've been having a very strange issue with Skype lately. Every time I launch the app, it opens to the main page and then immediately closes itself. I'm not sure why, but they only way around it is to uninstall and the re-install Skype. After a fresh install, it works once(!!!!) and then the same problem reappears.
I've tried restarting and soft-resets, but there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it. Anyone experienced anything like this before? Know any solution?
Any help would be much appreciated!
- 09-18-2013, 01:20 PM #2
Are you making a phone call and then find it crashes when you start it afterwards? Does the same for me after making a phone call using Skype credits, using for just IM it works fine after closing it.I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
09-19-2013, 08:21 AM #3
- 27 Posts
Thanks for the reply...
Well, I only use skype for calling (to the US from Canada etc), so not sure if it works with IM, but I only need it for calling... I've re-installed it for the 10th time in the last week and a half. Let's see when it starts failing again.
- 09-19-2013, 01:50 PM #4
I tried tweeting to Skype and got no answer, going to try the official WP account and see how that goes. Guess they don't have any WP devices to test while they work on the ios version....I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
- By Dominic_W in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 13Last Post: 10-21-2013, 10:55 AM
- By vinun in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2013, 02:02 AM
- By jlzimmerman in forum Nokia Lumia 1520Replies: 12Last Post: 09-21-2013, 06:41 AM
- By azharisadig in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 2Last Post: 09-16-2013, 05:14 PM
- By azharisadig in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 15Last Post: 09-16-2013, 03:46 PM