09-18-2013, 01:30 PM #2
- 106 Posts
Also MSFT is not the manufacturer whereas apple is. Manufacturers apply their updates on updates by msft and hence whole procedure takes time.
09-18-2013, 01:32 PM #3
- 2,696 Posts
Its also a lot easier to push updates out when.
1. You have a whole year to get said update ready
2. You have the carriers by the balls
3. The phone models you push it out to are practically the same for the last 4 years.
4. You have no OEMs to go through.
- 09-18-2013, 01:37 PM #5
But why releasing the updates in batches for the same model & carrier?
I have a Lumia 920 unlocked/unbranded and I haven't received the GDR2 yet... as soon as the update is ready for one Lumia 920, it MUST be ready for all Lumia 920.
This is unacceptable.
09-18-2013, 01:42 PM #7
- 19 Posts
It's all about market share. If Microsoft were selling the number of phones that Apple does, things would be different. I think that's why we see Nokia's absurd exclusivity here in the states on AT&T... because AT&T says, "make your phone exclusive to us for ___ months or go screw yourself."
See, Nokia NEEDS the carriers while the carriers NEED Apple.
The carriers are nothing more than dumb pipes holding on to what waning power they have left.
- By ajeesh yacob in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 09-19-2013, 01:50 AM
- By Guzzler3 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-18-2013, 11:06 PM
- By dprocs in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2013, 01:48 PM
- By Jonathan Piferrer in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2013, 01:06 PM
- By BitPusher2600 in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 2Last Post: 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM