09-09-2013, 06:37 PM #1
- 6 Posts
Okay, so I tried to install Six-Guns on my 820 from an SD card and knew I was in for a nasty surprise; halfway through the installation failed because of insufficiend memory (1,1 gigs free) and the phone froze up so I had to restart. What has happened now is that the game is in a sort of a limbo - it's not installed but I can't reinstall it either... and guess where it's gone;
Oh boy. Needless to say, I'm furious!
Seems like I will have to do a hard reset. This is really disappointing, as I really like this OS. Also, there's this 'other' folder issue that has caused all this crap in the first place. Oh well. Any ideas on fixing this? Highly unlikely, I guess...
09-10-2013, 01:13 AM #3
- 359 Posts
This is why WP needs the ability to do a complete backup (e.g. system image) to the PC, just like you could do on Windows Mobile 2003 SE (and later). Then in situation like this if you had an earlier backup on your PC you could just flash it back without having to do a hard reset and then spend hours setting up everything not to mention loosing game progress and other data from some apps that have no way to back it up.
09-10-2013, 01:26 AM #4
- 688 Posts
09-10-2013, 08:33 AM #5
- 6 Posts
WP should simply not allow the installation of apps from an external SD card if there is not enough space on the phone for it to install properly, full stop.
- By RegalWinston in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-06-2013, 01:12 AM
- By JenkTJ27 in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-11-2013, 12:26 PM
- By lexinoo in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 09-10-2013, 03:14 PM
- By SteggyDad in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2013, 06:58 PM
- By falsedichotomies in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:28 PM