- 09-07-2013, 12:03 PM #1
Hello I got my windows phone recently and wondering how many use outlook contact sync over Gmail. I had outlook sync before and I was having issues that it wouldn't connect and sync. I have Gmail now just for contact backup cause of this issue esp when windows servers go down. But I want to move into one central area. So is outlook now better and fixed. I have alot of contacts.
09-07-2013, 04:26 PM #3
- 393 Posts
If you like Windows Phone, I'd stick with Outlook contact sync. The reason is Google is winding down contact sync with ActiveSync (by the end of the year) and also sunsetting CardDav support in near future. If you have WP8 without GDR2 update, you are depending on ActiveSync to get Google contact synced. If your phone has upgraded to GDR2, you are depending on CardDav to get Google contacts synced. Either way, you will be forced to change sooner or later.
ActiveSync support is universally supported in all smartphone platforms (Android, iOS and WP8). Since it is Microsoft's own technology, they will continue to support it in foreseeable future.
- 09-08-2013, 02:36 AM #10
Have you tried importing your google account into outlook.com, you should be able to do it via the web. The other option is to try importing Gmail contacts to outlook 07, 10 or 13 and try to then import that file to outlook.com
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
- By nsbabra in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 23Last Post: 12-07-2013, 01:12 PM
- By MikeEggleston in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2013, 05:42 PM
- By acousticpoem in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 09-07-2013, 05:11 PM
- By errole in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 09-07-2013, 12:24 PM
- By eugie in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2013, 10:16 AM