- 09-05-2013, 10:43 PM #1
So the story is: I'm a grad student and I have a lot of my textbooks from the Google Books Store (they're significantly cheaper than amazon's ebook store). Can I access these from a Windows Phone? I have yet to find a third party app that does this, and the webapp doesn't work with the Browser (lame).
Any other way?
- 09-05-2013, 11:41 PM #3
I mean it's mainly reading (all text, few graphs). I mainly use my computer, but I'd like to be able to peruse on the go as well. I go to school in Newark, NJ so there's no way in hell I'm using a tablet to read on the go.
I wasn't really expecting a native app, but at least a webapp I could use (kind of like Google Music)
- 09-06-2013, 12:11 AM #4BLUE COLLAR, GOLD SWAGGER
- 09-06-2013, 12:21 AM #5
I really only use two google services (apart YouTube) and that's Music and Books. CloudMuzik has me covered for Music (props to the developer, it's flawless), but not so much books. If I'm not mistaken the books service has a closed API which is why there are no 3rd party apps on any platform whatsoever.
But I wasn't passing up on Windows Phone just to use Google Books. Android is most definitely NOT my thing. Plus, I'm used to not having all my apps, I was once a WebOS user, which was even worse!
- 09-06-2013, 12:25 AM #6
I really do wish other browsers where allowed though (not just skins of IE), though this will probably never happen.BLUE COLLAR, GOLD SWAGGER
09-07-2013, 04:29 PM #7
- 86 Posts
Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
- By Kadcidxa in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM
- By soumitro316 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 09-05-2013, 04:37 PM
- By vajnorcan in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 4Last Post: 08-31-2013, 11:37 PM
- By tribexx in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-30-2013, 08:49 PM