- 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM #1
MS owns Skype, and when presumably in 8.1 there is full Skype integration (and maybe exclusive features?)
When so, advertise in the iOS and android Skype app with something like "for the best experience use Windows phone 8" and maybe some popup ad once every while about windows phone
I would like to hear your thought (in short; should Microsoft use Skype to advertise windows phone and if so how?
- 09-04-2013, 12:31 PM #5
More like a watermark/brand placement to get people aware of windows phone, half the people i know don't even know what windows phone is and al of them have either Android or iOS.
Basicly advertising without degrading the experience on iOS and android, but windows phone has *the best* experience [Again this only counts when they actually have made it better on windows phone, not the current state]
09-04-2013, 12:35 PM #6
- 719 Posts
I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore!)
- The user base on WP8 is very low, so why waste time & resources on an app hardly anybody (relatively speaking) will be using?
- I am not a developer, so I don't know, but I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't something inherent in WP8 that keeps things like this from working as well as they do in iOS & Android. Push notifications are unreliable, and live tiles don't work half the time (almost all the time in my case). Maybe Microsoft needs to look deeper inside the OS.
- 09-04-2013, 12:35 PM #7
That is the cheap way of doing stuff to force push your own ads onto others. Google does it on it's Google page which I personally hate.
People will get to know windows phone through proper advertising , the method you put forward will only cause more users to complain about Microsoft for putting ads in skype.
09-04-2013, 12:37 PM #8
- 3,074 Posts
- 09-04-2013, 12:39 PM #9
They don't need look deeper , they just need to fix the background agents and push notifications which are one of the many issues in the OS right now. Microsoft has been responding to user issues, they are working on them albeit at a slower pace than we expect.
- By Michael Alan Goff in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 28Last Post: 10-30-2013, 07:39 PM
- By NorthantsPete in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2013, 06:09 AM
- By driver1676 in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 15Last Post: 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
- By chataddicted in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 09-05-2013, 02:05 PM
- By Ove Engvik in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2013, 11:56 AM