- 09-02-2013, 10:44 AM #1
I took the plunge and bought a used 928 off of eBay. So far, getting used to it after coming from Android. I have posted some in the 928 forum, but wanted to post some thoughts/questions in the general forums:
1. Calendar tile. for the time being, I hooked in my Google account on this phone. Included in the account are calendar entries also. Using a double wide tile on the start screen, it only shows 1 entry, even if there are multiple entries for that day. The same with the lock screen. Is this right?
1a. This is the same for the double wide text message tile too it seems. It will only show one listing instead of multiple if there are unread text.
2. Brightness. I have tried it multiple ways, with the automatic brightness on and the brightness set to low. No matter what, if I pick the phone up in the morning in a fairly dark room, it is quite bright. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
3. I have a Windows 8 machine with Bing Finance and some stocks added within the app. I downloaded Bing Finance to have access to those stocks easily on the phone also. Alas, there are not listed automatically. Is there no sync between desktop and phone version of Bing finance?
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM #5
- 316 Posts
The built in calendar tile will only show one, but there are other apps that will show more detailed info.
The lock screen data can be increased again by using certain apps or setting them as main and secondary info points.
Auto is the darkest it goes, its a blessing and a curse, lumias are very very bright, this is awesome in the day, but stings at night.
I don't know anything about stocks im sorry.
- 09-02-2013, 11:17 AM #6
Also, I have noticed that since the GDR2 / Amber update on my 928 that the screen is darker in general with it set to "automatic" brightness, in comparison to before the update. For me, this works well, although, others have commented that they feel the screen is now too dim for their preferences.
- 09-02-2013, 11:58 AM #7
- 09-02-2013, 12:28 PM #8
1. Think of it as a limitation with the default tile APIs for Windows Phone.
2. Have you tried the following?
-Brightness set to low
-Turn on battery saver brightness under settings>display+touch
-Turn on battery saver.
3. There is no sync. Believe me, I've been looking for it.I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- 09-02-2013, 01:13 PM #10
I know I am new to Windows Phone and would expect some changes/differences coming from a different platform, but so far, I really just don't get some design decisions. You would think a Bing app would be synced to the desktop Bing app since MS is promoting the 3 screen model.
A double wide tile should be able to display more information than 1 line of text.
But, I digress, I will continue to give it a shot and see how it goes.
- By echo2d in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 6Last Post: 10-25-2013, 12:33 PM
- By nokia_fan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 23Last Post: 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
- By crash1989 in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 33Last Post: 09-04-2013, 01:57 AM
- By sn0t in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2013, 09:35 AM
- By BrunoShady in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2013, 09:02 AM