- 09-01-2013, 03:58 PM #1
I can't add/see Facebook or Twitter accounts under Settings -> Add an account. Linkedin worked without any problem, it was added automatically. My People App says its only connected to Outlook.com and Linkedin.
I'm running my desktop computer with Windows 8 and the People App is connected to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Skype. So i think its not a permission thing.
I also just tried to add my old gmail account on profile.outlook.com and it didn't connect up automatically.
Any ideas what it could be?
I have a bad feeling it's because I bought it in China.
- 09-02-2013, 01:01 AM #2
Ohh, you bad feeling is the reality. Facebook and twitter blocked in China. On the bright side you can use Sina Weibo :) .. Did you change all the region and language settings. You could also flash the ROM of another country to overcome this issue.
List of websites blocked in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 09-02-2013, 04:12 AM #3
Thank you for your anwser harsha_crach!
That was exactly what I not wanted to hear. Yes I changed the region and language, so Microsoft Store works great. I can download the separate Facebook and Twitter app, but I can't integrate it with inbuilt People App.I guess its in the firmware as you mention. How can I flash the ROM?
/ Niklas / Sweden
- 09-02-2013, 04:35 AM #4
Last edited by crash1989; 09-03-2013 at 04:36 PM.
- By DBDev in forum Developers CornerReplies: 5Last Post: 11-01-2013, 04:39 PM
- By Kadcidxa in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM
- By Zeroplanetz in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 9Last Post: 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM
- By JethroAZ in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2013, 01:22 PM
- By deadwrong03 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2013, 11:00 PM