- 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM #1
1) Will all windows phones get it?
2) Does the update unify all windows machines like tablets,comps and phones (meaning if an app runs on phone the same can run on surface tablet,like iPad and iPhone)
3) Aa the update brings support for quad core,2Gig ram devices will 512 devices be left out,queries
- 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM #3
2) No. At some point WP8 apps will run within the metro environment on W8.1 and W8.1RT, but whether that is achieved in WP8.1 or later I don't know. However, this app compatibility does not constitute OS unification.
3) Define 'left out'. They will receive the same update to WP8.1. If that is what you mean then, no, they will not be left out.
- 08-27-2013, 11:05 AM #5
- 08-27-2013, 12:16 PM #6
To your question: I could just as well ask why iOS apps don't run on OSX? Metro apps work on tablets and on laptops/desktops. Why doesn't Apple do the same?
Bob answered that well. Microsoft envisions a future where tablets replace our desktops and laptops (after wirelessly connecting to external monitors, keyboards, etc). Apple envisions a future where tablets are just big smartphones. Both companies made their "unification" choices accordingly.
- 08-27-2013, 02:37 PM #9
- 08-27-2013, 03:59 PM #10
Why iOS owners don't complain as much? The only conclusion is they are dumb and happy with whatever Apple feeds them.
- 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM #11
08-28-2013, 07:13 AM #13Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
- 10,245 Posts
I'm on Instagram - nlarue1971 - Travel and food photos is my thing taken by my L920
- 08-28-2013, 09:25 AM #14
- 08-28-2013, 09:52 AM #15
08-29-2013, 05:51 AM #16
- 60 Posts
As for 1) I would doubt that all devices may receive the update, they can go into an End of Life state (permanent), or just never receives the update due to the manufacturer, which can be seen with the T-Mobile 8x, despite all the information on HTC's support page, the update has never been released and may never be released. It depends, so I am not going to say it will be on every device.
- By cristianocr7 in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 14Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:22 PM
- By alpha10 in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 6Last Post: 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM
- By Bob Swallow in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2013, 04:26 AM
- By wokaz80 in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2013, 11:32 PM
- By londondbb in forum HTC 8XReplies: 5Last Post: 08-27-2013, 10:53 AM