- 08-26-2013, 03:35 AM #1
How many of you know that we can create actual folders on our lumia devices?? Well its officially not declared yet and they are still working on this i guess, but i found this trick yesterday and got this application to create folders on my Lumia 820. This app is from samsung But i will tell you how to install it on your lumia device. please follow the instructions bellow.
The only thing you need to do is connect to a wifi network and enable proxy for that wifi connection. Please follow instructions bellow.
1. Change your phone region to United States
2. Connect to a WiFi network
3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to
4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "220.127.116.11" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen
7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection' - now you will see "App Folder" application - Download it and enjoy :D check screenshots.
Last edited by Brokn Wing; 08-26-2013 at 06:21 AM. Reason: More screen shots added.
- 08-26-2013, 04:32 AM #4
Me too. I just made one tile (Folder pinned to Start screen) which contains all 22 of the photo apps listed in the long string of apps on my app list. Now to make folders for music, gps, and utility apps. Just like iPhone has been able to do for years now. I think another potentially good screen folder app would contain switches for turning on and off the cellular, wi fi, and Bluetooth radios. I suspect that the Airplane switch is seldom enough used, even for frequent fliers, and sorts at the top so a folder holding it isn't required. Perhaps a folder for games, videos, and new apps. The Games app in the list of apps is already a folder as it is. Music+Videos is a folder of your music, videos, and a portal for buying more music. I think I will make a folder pinned to the start screen for the few videos I already have and use.
If, as I believe, and have stated elsewhere herein, the cell phone is really a pocket computer with a phone app attached, then this device should exhibit more of the computer benefits and less of the "only apps invented here philosophy" of most smart phones. Computers are our tools and should be customizable to suit our needs, if at all possible.
- 08-26-2013, 04:36 AM #5
Very nice, but manga camera is the only one that installs for me. The other Samsung apps all say my device is unsupported. I'm sure I could make it work with fiddler, but I was hoping for this easier method. Lumia 928 on Amber.
- 08-26-2013, 06:12 AM #6
If you go back to mangacam app one more time it would say its not supported :D. So best way is keep on switching between all these apps and and the download button will be visible. That's the trick and thats how it worked for me :D i was able to install almost all apps from samsung and HTC. Best one i liked from samsung is video and photo editor with NIce lences.I don't have time to hate people who hate me, because I'm too busy loving people who love me.
- 08-26-2013, 06:16 AM #7
I am sure , like samsung, nokia might be working on similar application too. you might have noticed the folder app is from samsung not from Nokia, And the thing is Samsung itself has not rolled out this app fro samsung users. i cheked on my old samsung focus. So lets cross our fingers for nokia to come up with similar application with much much better optionsI don't have time to hate people who hate me, because I'm too busy loving people who love me.
- 08-26-2013, 06:43 AM #10
Leave Nokia and Samsung. Microsoft should work on this, I mean windows explorer has had folders since before I was born. They should have tile based folders which should be awesome.
I wish they would do that too, in addition to all the things I wish in WP as it is.
- 08-26-2013, 01:04 PM #16I don't have time to hate people who hate me, because I'm too busy loving people who love me.
- 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM #20
But this is another example of the folly of what a lot of WP users use as a bragging point:
"With WP you don't need apps to do stuff; it's all built in to the OS!"I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)
- 08-26-2013, 02:48 PM #22I don't have time to hate people who hate me, because I'm too busy loving people who love me.
- 08-26-2013, 03:28 PM #24
"Later and sooner" those apps will never be available for other manufacturers devices, they are manufacturer specific and are what differentiate one manufacturer from the next.
- 08-26-2013, 03:34 PM #25
- By Vikash Goyal in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 11Last Post: 01-31-2014, 11:44 PM
- By NithinJosephNalloor in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 35Last Post: 11-28-2013, 01:58 PM
- By JW888 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 08-27-2013, 12:06 PM
- By Vagner Silva in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:43 PM
- By Gurggles in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:22 PM