Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    I spit out my scalding hot coffee when I saw this.

Oh well. Time to buy another Nokia phone...
    Apparently, there is not a single trace of Segoe UI on this forum.
  3.    #3  
    I mean, I think the 620 would be OK. but the 720 !!!!
    They could've at least compensated by updating the said devices before the 920 or the 820.

Very much disappointed. Did they at least give a reason as to why the features will not be there and if third party apps can make the feature available?

That WMPoweruser "news" is false information, as usual.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Expected on 620. This will probably disappoint a lot of 720 users.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudhindra9 View Post
    Very much disappointed. Did they at least give a reason as to why the features will not be there and if third party apps can make the feature available?
    No. They probably wanted to extend the list of differences between the 720 and 820.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy11 View Post
    That WMPoweruser "news" is false information, as usual.
    They actually have a reliable source : Nokia
    Last edited by SanjitVignesh; 08-24-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Multi-Quote

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    This is a wrong information. Check out this link below.

https://public.bn1.livefilestore.com...1_n.jpg?psid=1
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kivancio View Post
    This is a wrong information. Check out this link below.

https://public.bn1.livefilestore.com...1_n.jpg?psid=1
    Please check the post above yours.

Extremely disappointed as a 720 user. I really don't care about that feature, but Nokia can't say in this case that's a missing hardware issue, it's just simple: they don't want to bring this to the 520, 620, 720. I just feel somehow betrayed :). I really do. I'm sorry, but as much as I love my phone, the next one won't be a Nokia.

Lumia 520 AT&T GoPhone has double tap to wake as shown in video below. I'll wait and see, Lumia 720 user here and love the device, really want double tap do wake. BTW, I love the curved glass in this device, makes it feels premium and nice to touch.

shobhan03 likes this.

Green light for Lumia Amber – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

Earlier it has been Lumia 520 and Lumia 625 lacking some features, due to lower display memory. I don't think this has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SanjitVignesh View Post
    No. They probably wanted to extend the list of differences between the 720 and 820.

They actually have a reliable source : Nokia
    That source contains a post from a Nokia Community manager who says double tap is not available for the 520, though it is on my Mom's 520.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    That source contains a post from a Nokia Community manager who says double tap is not available for the 520, though it is on my Mom's 520.
    Guess I shouldn't have described the source reliable then. I seriously would like those features on my 620. But the enormous list of complaints on WPCentral that the 620 lacks double tap to wake made me believe that the source information is true. So, until I get the update, I'll just wait.

so the Lumia 720 got tap to wake or no? :| in the fórum Nokia the admis not say nothing :| that makes me think buy the 720 or the 820 they have all features....

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    DONT worry guys nokia lumia 720 will get tap to wakeup feature

OMG can people just be patient... You will know when the update arrives on your phone
    Last edited by mpt15; 08-24-2013 at 04:37 PM.

If this is true, the features are getting less as time passes but the time for the amber to reach the phones goes on increasing -_-

If this is true, nokia would have released this information along with the info that Lumia 620 wont have FM and 520 wont have Glance or at least before they started distributing the Update because as of my knowledge, they would have tested update on all devices before the distribution started and would have released this information before it as now the update is just waiting for approval and not under testing, so this info may be wrong.

And unfortunately it's official no double tap ......
    check out this link on Nokia India support site ... FAQ: FAQ - What is Double Tap to wake on my Nokia Lumia phone? - Nokia - India
    and official no glance for lumia 520 ...
    FAQ: FAQ - Why I cannot find the Nokia Glance Screen on my Lumia with Windows Phone 8? - Nokia - India
    Thanked by:
    Does it get Glance? My friend has the 521 on T-Mobile and I noticed yesterday that her phone didn't get Glance with the GDR2/Amber update. Odd.
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg
  22.    #22  
    Well, the 520 and 521 will never get Glance. The double tap to wake may or may not come in a future update.
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    3,041 Global Posts
    If they had given the tap to wake on 720, it'd cause a battery drain as it is LCD.
    This would mean people all around the world cursing Nokia for eating battery, since they haven't given this feature, people want to curse about not giving it.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Thanked by:
    kurnia eka likes this.
    how to take Backup contacts,messages for Lumia 720 and get it back if phone is given to service center ?

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    that's sad i have a Lumia 920 and really love Glance and Double tap to wake. I guess my cousin's 720 won't get it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast