Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

okay updated my phone to gdr2 baked with amber and now the low resoltion tile seems fixed but there is a problem the link here exactly describes the problem ....any solutions or workarounds would be appriciated ...... Me tile doesn't show correct profile picture (New bug in - Microsoft Community

Same problem here! lumia 820!

Same here with Lumia 920

Still no fix for this?
    Im so tiread of my retarded profile-picture. :(
    I want to change it!!!!
    You need to create a new profile picture (not use one of your current ones).

In the Me tile, tap your photo and then tap it again to choose a new one.

It's the only workaround I've seen that works.
    Pete_____________________________________
    Nokia 1520 | Surface 2 | Xbox One | Office 365

Errr, thats what we are trying to do and its not working.

Not sure if you guys have already tried what Aperture suggested here but i did and it worked! :)
    click on me tile
    click on photo(it opens up update ur profile page) here, select sync FB account only
    click on photo again(it will open up ur photo albums.)
    Pick a photo and click on post.. it immediately changed my pic :D
    Last edited by Arunabh; 09-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    Thanked by:
    jasqid 

Quote Originally Posted by Arunabh View Post
    Not sure if you guys have already tried what Aperture suggested here but i did and it worked! :)
    click on me tile
    click on photo(it opens up update ur profile page) here, select sync FB account only
    click on photo again(it will open up ur photo albums.)
    Pick a photo and click on post.. it immediately changed my pic :D
    u are uploading a totally new photo to Facebook so obviously it will change. We all know that can be done ,I don't want to rake up the likes for everytime I change my photo so IF u come across a way of changing the me tile pic without disturbing the Facebook profile photo tell us...

My amber update have had the tile working as it should. But it just stopped now. It keeps reverting back to a old picture. If i look at Facebook or Outlook Webb interface I see the new picture. Wiieerd.

Edit: Just came back to life again after 1 and a half day of dead stop.
    Last edited by Nakazul; 10-03-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Same problem here.. tried to change de me tile photo and facebook.
    In de me tile selected a photo that already was on facebook.
    It change the me tile for a sec and switched back to the previous one.
    But one facebook it was changed succesfully.

I removed the facebook link a several times.. somebody needs to clear a cache somewhere :P

I had this problem after updating my 920 to amber. I always use my windows live pic as my me tile, so this is really annoying.
    the workaround I had was..
    upload a new profile pic inside the Me tile (I checked everything, windows live, Facebook, etc etc) so the pic u want is always the newest in the album, then hide the pic so it only is visible to yourself. you can always choose an older profile pic u want on facebook.

however, this no longer works after I changed my Facebook profile pic yesterday.. ><
    Last edited by yunchikan; 10-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Still not working here,i did upload a new one. Anoying.

I noticed that al of the profile pics in the peoplehub are not gettin updates. As far i can see and know who has changed the're profile pic on facebook

I can only say this is annoying. I am still struggling.

I found out that when i choose in de me tile the right picture from facebook again. It stays on. You get a new copy on facebook but i switch that one back on the facebook page. Now only the People hub is note updated

Yes i seem to be having this kind of problem my my tile keeps changing to an old profile picture even if you change it to a new one, then 10 minutes late it changes back to the older picture even though i have delete that photo....

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    go to people hub then go settings, delete fb account. go out to ur fb application delete it... then again ppl hub, settings, then add ur fb account and download fb again. sign in and ur pf is changed

edit...this is a solution to change ur pf picture but will not update ur fb or ur contacts, issue with MS/FB sync i guess

Doesn't,work and it seems when you do that it won't load any contacts to sync

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Same issue here it changes on fb but not in the people hub cache,I'm guessing ms screwed up something on the backend

I had the same thing happening. The solution that I got was to go on your Facebook into your "Profile" album and delete the picture that always appears on your me tile. Then change it again on your "me" tile and it will keep it.
    Thanked by:
    kwajr 

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    I had the same thing happening. The solution that I got was to go on your Facebook into your "Profile" album and delete the picture that always appears on your me tile. Then change it again on your "me" tile and it will keep it.
    this did it for me

Quote Originally Posted by kwajr View Post
    this did it for me
    it also changed your Facebook pic didnt it? ...so all you did was upload a new pic and hence it worked for you

So I see many people thinking this is a Windows Phone issue, when it's actually a facebook issue (well it's a bit of both).
    Basically if you go to facebook on your computer, then click on photos, then albums, you will get a thumbnail view of all your albums.
    One of the first albums should be the "Profile Pictures" Album.
    Now historically, whatever your most current profile picture is became the album cover for the Profile Pictures album, BUT a few months ago, facebook made some sort of change for EVERYONE, and now everyone's album cover for the Profile Pictures album is profile picture that they had 2 months ago. Make sense?
    So the Me Tile picture you should be seeing (the one that's old and hasn't updated) is the picture that's the album cover of your profile picture album.

Now the annoying part is that the Profile Pictures album is the only album where you can't manually select an album cover. The way to get around that is to open that album, hover over your latest profile picture, and on the top left corner click the "Edit or Remove" Button and then click on "Make Profile Picture". There should be an message that pops up and says:
    "You've used this photo as your profile picture before. Do you want to use it again?"
    Just go ahead and click confirm and facebook will remake this your profile picture and this will appear as a new notification on your timeline. This action will now make your current profile picture the new album cover of the Profile Pictures album and now your Me Tile will update to your proper profile pic.
    If you want any of your contacts in the People app to have the proper profile pic showing then you need to get them to manually make their current profile pic their new profile pic throught the Profile Pictures album (just like you just did). It's a ***** but for now it's the only way.

TL;DR:
    Open your "Profile Pictures" Album on facebook on your computer.
    Click "Edit or Remove" on the top left corner of your most recent profile picture.
    Then click "Make Profile Picture"
    Then click "Confirm" when a facebook message pops up.
    This will update your Me Tile.
    Thanked by:
    funkeman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin Hashmi View Post
    So I see many people thinking this is a Windows Phone issue, when it's actually a facebook issue (well it's a bit of both).
    Basically if you go to facebook on your computer, then click on photos, then albums, you will get a thumbnail view of all your albums.
    Now historically, whatever your most current profile picture is became the album cover for the Profile Pictures album, BUT a few months ago, facebook made some sort of change for EVERYONE, and now everyone's album cover for the Profile Pictures album is profile picture that they had 2 months ago. Make sense?
    So the Me Tile picture you should be seeing (the one that's old and hasn't updated) is the picture that's the album cover of your profile picture album.

Now the annoying part is that the Profile Pictures album is the only album where you can't manually select an album cover. The way to get around that is to open that album, hover over your latest profile picture, and on the top left corner click the "Edit or Remove" Button and then click on "Make Profile Picture". There should be an message that pops up and says:
    "You've used this photo as your profile picture before. Do you want to use it again?"
    Just go ahead and click confirm and facebook will remake this your profile picture and this will appear as a new notification on your timeline. This action will now make your current profile picture the new album cover of the Profile Pictures album and now your Me Tile will update to your proper profile pic.
    If you want any of your contacts in the People app to have the proper profile pic showing then you need to get them to manually make their current profile pic their new profile pic throught the Profile Pictures album (just like you just did). It's a ***** but for now it's the only way.

TL;DR:
    Click "Edit or Remove" on the top left corner of your most recent profile picture.
    thanks mate....but cant we change it to the hotmail one......dont want to comment or garner likes on old photos on Facebook...besides via hotmail we can change it everyday and it wont be weird but on Facebook thats gonna be rediculed by all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin Hashmi View Post

TL;DR:
    Mohsin, thanks for this. This would explain things. Unfortunately the two people who I have pinned to my WP8 home screen are both asleep right now. I will have them do what you recommended tomorrow to see if it works. Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast