Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Does anyone know if its written in html5? or are they mad that microsofts app actually is better then their piece of junk?

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderzWPC View Post
    Does anyone know if its written in html5? or are they mad that microsofts app actually is better then their piece of junk?
    I don't believe it's written in HTML5. I also don't believe Google care one way or the other about the quality of the Microsoft app. I also don't believe there's any point debating the rights, wrongs or logic of Google's or Microsoft's position on this app. There's no mystery here. Google and Microsoft are in a p!ssing competition, and we're the ones getting p!ssed on.

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    I don't believe it's written in HTML5. I also don't believe Google care one way or the other about the quality of the Microsoft app. I also don't believe there's any point debating the rights, wrongs or logic of Google's or Microsoft's position on this app. There's no mystery here. Google and Microsoft are in a p!ssing competition, and we're the ones getting p!ssed on.
    It's warm though.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by troylytle View Post
    It's warm though.
    True, but my Lumia 720 isn't protected from liquid ingress and may be rendered unusable in the process.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Google, y u mad bro?

I could care less anymore the 3rd party apps like myTube / MetroTube actually work better than the official one. Screw google.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uopjo6 View Post
    I could care less anymore the 3rd party apps like myTube / MetroTube actually work better than the official one. Screw google.
    Yeah, screw Google (who is the one actually hosting the service that myTube and MetroTube access and that you are using)!

[Hint: whether it's through myTube, MetroTube or some official app, your still accessing YouTube, which is owned by Google. So if you really want to screw them, stop accessing YouTube through any app at all]
    Thanked by:
    husfus, iamtim and Good OL MC like this.

I believe I am screwing google with metro tube because I don't see their crappy adds, so they don't get paid :-)

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    Yeah, screw Google (who is the one actually hosting the service that myTube and MetroTube access and that you are using)!

[Hint: whether it's through myTube, MetroTube or some official app, your still accessing YouTube, which is owned by Google. So if you really want to screw them, stop accessing YouTube through any app at all]

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    as long as the web browser opens links from news posts and cheezburger sites...

they made a new app for wp? can we download it? can't find it in the mp
    If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid

Quote Originally Posted by uopjo6 View Post
    Agreed, but for new users coming into WP, not having a decent official app looks odd. We know the alternatives are great, but a lot of people judge quickly and without looking too much into it.

I believe I am screwing google with metro tube because I don't see their crappy adds, so they don't get paid :-)
    Ads help the actual channels who make content all the time, not just Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    Ads help the actual channels who make content all the time, not just Youtube
    yes but if we get the channels upset then they will complain about it and eventually we'll get an app.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by troylytle View Post
    yes but if we get the channels upset then they will complain about it and eventually we'll get an app.
    I would wager that they would just lock out all third party YouTube apps and force everyone through the mobile browser
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2183 View Post
    I would wager that they would just lock out all third party YouTube apps and force everyone through the mobile browser
    And MS would file a class action lawsuit. There is something that MS can do about that. They are just testing the news rant method first.
    My Phones & PDAs:

My Apps:
    Lumia Apps

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Halsey View Post
    And MS would file a class action lawsuit. There is something that MS can do about that. They are just testing the news rant method first.
    What would that class action be based on?

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    You know who else you're screwing? CONTENT CREATORS. :|

Such a rebel.
    hopmedic likes this.

Global Posts
    841 Global Posts
    Beggers can't be choosers. Right now, Google owns the content you desperately want to watch. So, there is really nothing you can do about it if Google don't like the particular platform you are on. The only way to screw Google is don't watch YouTube regardless which platform you are on.
    iamtim likes this.

Microsoft should take a revenge on Google by disabling Skype for Android. Just imagine how p!ssed would Android users be.
    HarisA1 and Sher Allen like this.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonchi91 View Post
    Microsoft should take a revenge on Google by disabling Skype for Android. Just imagine how p!ssed would Android users be.
    Not a good idea, Microsoft doesn't get away with the types of things Google does.

Microsoft is more powerful company than Google.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Given that there is an order of magnitude more Android users than there are Windows Phone users, that would be stupid move. Google can afford to p!ss off a handful of WP users. MS can't afford to p!ss off the majority of smartphone users around the world.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Microsoft is more powerful company than Google.
    Depends on how you define powerful. In the smartphone market MS is almost an irrelevancy.

I look globally, not on the specific market.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alan Goff View Post
    Not a good idea, Microsoft doesn't get away with the types of things Google does.
    Just remember just what type of business MS is, at one time they even offered IE for MacOS and Unix. The biggest complaint at one time was not offering alternative browsers on windows. You can thank the EU anti-trust authorities for that.

Sent from my RM-860 (Lumia 928) using the OFFICIAL Tapatalk app.
    My Phones & PDAs:

My Apps:
    Lumia Apps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast