- 08-19-2013, 03:21 PM #1
I switched on my Ativ s this morning to find that all my apps as well as pre-installed samsung apps (and windows phone 8 operating apps) have all disappeared from the phone!
I no longer have an option to enter the settings, music, games or even marketplace. The tiles have all disappeared from the homescreen and when I swipe left to the alphabet list view there is only about 5 or 6 apps left.
I can't connect it to my pc as it doesn't register it or find it.
It is a stock UK phone and I am just a basic user so haven't messed around with roms or anything.
I tried a battery pull, sim card removal, sd removal but it is just the same???
- 08-19-2013, 03:30 PM #3
Given that you can't get into settings, a hard reset is probably going to require assistance from Samsung or your carrier.--
Just a sample of the devices I've owned over the years.....
Nokia ATT phone
HTC Windows Mobile (?)
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro II
Nokia Lumia 822
Nokia Lumia 928
- 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM #5
Samsung I8750 Ativ S Hard Reset Steps:
1.- Make sure that the device battery is fully charged, Or at least it is at 90% of charging level.
2.- Turn off the device, Press the Power button for some seconds and then scroll down to turn off option.
3.- Wait for 10 seconds to make sure that the phone is off.
4.- Press Volume Down key and Power key to turn the phone on.
5.- Keep pressing the Volume Down key and release Power key.
6.- When the device boots with exclamation mark " ! " on screen release Volume Down key. - Now you should press some keys in the following order:
7. Press Volume Up key > Press Volume Down key > Press Power key > Press Volume Down key
8. - After pressing the above keys the operation will start in a moment, So just wait for it to be finished.
- By Rudreshwar Goswamy in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 14Last Post: 11-06-2013, 02:51 PM
- By Brokn Wing in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 74Last Post: 08-23-2013, 04:51 AM
- By jdbii in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 3Last Post: 08-19-2013, 07:26 PM
- By mogelijk in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2013, 01:53 PM