Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

I am not sure about this

So here’s what’s coming in GDR3:

1.Orientation Lock
    2. Driver Mode, will turn on automatically when you connect it via Bluetooth. Can reject phone calls / sms and send auto reply back
    3. Ability to have 3 medium sized tiles in a row
    4. 1080p / new SoCs, which we knew for quite some time now

Other features that are currently being tested and are likely to be pushed to GDR3:

80% chance

-Ability to actually close the apps via multi tasking

60% chance

-Silent NFC (meaning no more constant confirmations for pairing something)

Source:wmpoweruser

Quote Originally Posted by safeer2222 View Post
    3. Ability to have 3 medium sized tiles in a row
    I don't follow. If there is currently space for 2, how would 3 be possible? Would they scroll left and right off the screen? A new 4th size option?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Drum View Post
    I don't follow. If there is currently space for 2, how would 3 be possible? Would they scroll left and right off the screen? A new 4th size option?
    Could be tied to the higher screen resolutions or be an option for larger screens/phablets.

This pertains to higher resolution screens (1080p). Higher resolutions makes the tiles appear smaller. Therefore, more room becomes available for a 3rd row.

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts
    When WMPoweruser's "exclusives" are terrible photoshops, I'm not sure what their predictions could possibly hold.

3columns.jpg

The source comes from Reddit. Tom Warren on the Verge has also posted the same features saying that he has been contacted by a reliable source. Glad for rotation lock, should have been here from the start. I wish they could work it into the volume keys somehow, rather than the pain of having to go back to settings.
    AngryNil likes this.

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Samst22 View Post
    Glad for rotation lock, should have been here from the start. I wish they could work it into the volume keys somehow, rather than the pain of having to go back to settings.
    Or, as the competition has done, provide an interface for easy access to settings toggles.
    The news stories on the photochop pictures are six months old. The nanotube one is from the Register in February.

Of course, it's possible to hack old photos with visualisations of new rumours, but I'm not reading anything into this.

-Ability to actually close the apps via multi tasking
    Doesn't really seem plausible, since apps are tombstoned when not visible (i.e. not running).
    Pete_____________________________________
    Nokia 1520 | Surface 2 | Xbox One | Office 365

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    Or, as the competition has done, provide an interface for easy access to settings toggles.
    Yeah, even better.
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I heard GDR3 will feature holograms aswell.

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Samst22 View Post
    Yeah, even better.

no not better....it breaks UI conventions. Just because someone else does it one way, doesn't make that way better.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Nice features, looking forward most to being able to kill apps via multitasking. Also, hope that MS implements a task manager like solution so users can check cpu n memory usage.

Some sort of quick access to settings menu doesn't necessarily have to go again UI conventions. I'm not saying the should copy. If Microsoft can come up with a way of doing it while keeping it metro, then that's only a good thing and would only improve the user experience.

Quote Originally Posted by safeer2222 View Post
    2. Driver Mode, will turn on automatically when you connect it via Bluetooth. Can reject phone calls / sms and send auto reply back
    I hope that isn't an automatic mode that can't be overridden; what about people who use Bluetooth headsets?

Will GDR3 fix the problem that GDR2 bricks some phones?

when are they going to implement sound profiles, having the same profile for headphones, speakerphone and ringer makes no sense
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    It also features a hologram mode, in which the phone hovers and spins rapidly while projecting an image around it, giving a 3D holographic "image". This is not a rumor - I've seen it myself.

- Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    troylytle and TechFreak1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    You could use the camera button as a orientation lock toggle.

After all it does nothing other than when 'long-pressed', or in the camera app.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    It also features a hologram mode, in which the phone hovers and spins rapidly while projecting an image around it, giving a 3D holographic "image". This is not a rumor - I've seen it myself.

WOW! Anything else besides that?
    Quote Originally Posted by tungha View Post
    WOW! Anything else besides that?
    Nothing that I can reveal at the moment.
    - Rich

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    All that sounds nice and everything. But we are still waiting on the GDR2 update to come through. Why think about GDR3, until we get two. AT&T is slow as can be on updates, or is it an AT&T problem?

So will our current HW (920, 925, 1020) get these features? Will 1080p work on our existing phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by v10type-r View Post
    So will our current HW (920, 925, 1020) get these features? Will 1080p work on our existing phones?
    1080p requires 1080p hardware resolution. No.
    - Rich

Eh. I'm sick of hearing about updates that are coming when we know they'll be ready long, long before we even get them to our phones. This whole process is a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dk92 View Post
    This pertains to higher resolution screens (1080p). Higher resolutions makes the tiles appear smaller. Therefore, more room becomes available for a 3rd row.
    You mean a 3rd column.

Looks to me like they're frantically trying to bring forward features that would have otherwise been in WP8.1 to keep the masses happy. I'm convinced that GDR3 would have only contained one minor feature, most likely the orientation lock and everything else would have been under-the-hood changes and improvements to support new hardware and device markets. This is painfully slow development. Where is the Windows (client) dev team when you need them?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast