Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By berty6294
  • 1 Post By rdubmu

Local results aren't showing up under the web pivot and the local pivot is gone. Is anyone else having any of these issues? I'm finding hat my phone is severely neutered without them.

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    Not an issue, its the new mobile Bing. If it finds a place nearby it will show up in your "web results" page
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

That's the thing, though. In the screenshots they show the map and local results under the web pivot, but I don't get that. I only get the search results. They are always like this, regardless of whether I search for restaurants, cities, etc.
    wp_ss_20130806_0001.png

Exact same issue for me. Anyone know what's going on? Local search results are very important to me and the removal of the Local Pivot combined with not getting any local results under the Web Pivot is very unfortunate.
    Still got the old setup on my 920.

I'm looking at two Verizon HTC 8X phones with OS version 8.0.10211.204, Settings - Location turned on, and Settings - Search - Use my location turned on. One provides local results on a separate pivot page and the other provides no local results. Until a couple weeks ago, both of them provided local results.

Bing search on Windows Phone 8 gets new look, features

I didn't realize I used this as often until I noticed yesterday that it was gone. Now I reaaallly miss it.

The local parts of results that show up in the search under the link (try searching for movie times in your area), are sometimes there, sometimes not.

I hope they can add it back somehow, maybe just a link at the top of the search results or something. I suspect one of the design issues they had is that depending what you searched for, or where you are (ie: small town vs. city) nothing would show up. I can see how that looks bad, but really I got used to it being empty if irrelevant and just swiped past it. The time spent swiping past it was worth the amount of time I saved when it worked, because it was sooo efficient - it took the place of two major apps - finding restaurants, parks, attractions, movie times, even just learning about the local character of a place.
    So mine changed over in the last day or so. I get zero local results. I know some people are getting the correct results, but it is pretty darn frustrating not having access to something I have used since day one....
    This is what I am getting for local results.

wp_ss_20130827_0001-1.jpg
    dylk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    This is what I am getting for local results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130827_0001-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	41537
    That is what it is supposed to look like...I don't have that yet. It literally took my local away and added nothing to web (for now at least).
    Might just be a gradual rollout, everything should be straightened in the next 24-48 hours. My search is flawless however.
    And the wait continues for local results....

this just started happening to me today. it provides local information for "starbucks" but not for "burger" or "burger king" and definitely not for "computer" which is where I was going at lunchtime to a PLACE I FOUND VIA BING ON THE WEB.

okokok, after reading the blog post I see them now under Web. Sometimes they show up on top, sometimes you have to scroll down. WHEW.

The remark in the blog about people not using this feature/not knowing about it shocks me. This is 60% of what I use Bing for on my phone.

ok, so local results ARE still there, but am I crazy, or has "buzz" changed to not include reviews?